News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 15: Chris Henry Deathwatch

Started by CountDeMoney, December 17, 2009, 05:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Indy plays Jax tonight on the NFL Network.  Go Colts.  Teams that can't fill their stadiums don't deserve the playoffs.

Meanwhile, from the world of fashion...

The Ravens will wear black jerseys with white pants Sunday, when they play the Chicago Bears at M&T Bank Stadium, a team official confirmed Wednesday.

It's the first time that the Ravens will put on their alternate uniforms this season. The Ravens decided to go from the all-black combination (jersey and pants) last season because first-year coach John Harbaugh didn't like how it looked.

The only time the Ravens have worn the black jersey with white pants was Dec. 7, 2008, when the Ravens beat the Washington Redskins, 24-10.

Thank Christ.  Those black-on-black uniforms make them look like Billy Blank unitards.

Neil

Not only that, but they'd lose every time they wore them.  I think that Ravens couldn't locate each other on the field, due to their ninja-like outfits.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2009, 05:25:08 AM
Indy plays Jax tonight on the NFL Network.  Go Colts.  Teams that can't fill their stadiums don't deserve the playoffs.

Meanwhile, from the world of fashion...

The Ravens will wear black jerseys with white pants Sunday, when they play the Chicago Bears at M&T Bank Stadium, a team official confirmed Wednesday.

It's the first time that the Ravens will put on their alternate uniforms this season. The Ravens decided to go from the all-black combination (jersey and pants) last season because first-year coach John Harbaugh didn't like how it looked.

The only time the Ravens have worn the black jersey with white pants was Dec. 7, 2008, when the Ravens beat the Washington Redskins, 24-10.

Thank Christ.  Those black-on-black uniforms make them look like Billy Blank unitards.

Isn't the Bears kit Black Jersey with White Pants?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on December 17, 2009, 08:47:27 AM
Negative.  The Bears will be wearing their road white jerseys with navy blue pants.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Henry has passed away.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-henry&prov=ap&type=lgns

QuoteCHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died, one day after suffering serious injuries upon falling out of the back of a pickup truck in what authorities describe as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.

Police say Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday. Henry was 26.

Away from the team because of a broken forearm, Henry was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after being found on a residential road. Police say a dispute began at a home about a half-mile away, and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee was driving away from the residence.

Police said at some point when she was driving, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle."

derspiess

Chris Henry is dead at age 26.  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615

Really sucks, because it seemed like he was getting his life back on track.  I've followed him pretty closely since his first year at WVU and he had more than his fair share of problems-- or to put it more bluntly he repeatedly acted stupidly and got himself into unnecessary trouble.  But from the limited interaction I had with him, he always seemed like a decent guy.  I last (briefly) spoke to him at the "family cookout" at training camp in August-- he had his mom, fiancee, & 3 kids up with him.

RIP.  Could have been one of the great ones.

Btw, thanks for the tasteful thread title, Seedy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 09:17:29 AM
Negative.  The Bears will be wearing their road white jerseys with navy blue pants.

That's just stupid.. both teams wearing their away kits..
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Viking on December 17, 2009, 10:19:25 AM
That's just stupid.. both teams wearing their away kits..

:unsure: It appears the Ravens are wearing alternate home uniforms, and the Bears are wearing away uniforms.

Too bad about Chris Henry.  RIP

Valmy

Nah they are Navy and White.  It can look black sometimes it is such a dark blue.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Sadly he never had to chance to become Chris SieteCinco
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 17, 2009, 11:38:55 AM

Would have been Unocinco, following Chad's pattern.  Or 'Quince', to please all the Spanish teachers freaking out over Chad's name choice.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Kleves

Henry died as he lived- under police scrutiny.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on December 17, 2009, 11:44:55 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 17, 2009, 11:38:55 AM

Would have been Unocinco, following Chad's pattern.  Or 'Quince', to please all the Spanish teachers freaking out over Chad's name choice.

oh, it's 15, looked like a 7.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

So girls do not celebrate their Unocinceañeras?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Or 'Quince', to please all the Spanish teachers freaking out over Chad's name choice.
TAKING A STAND to back up your boy.  :P