BBC.com asks users: 'Should homosexuals face execution?'

Started by jimmy olsen, December 16, 2009, 07:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

"The Man who pretends to be a modest enquirer into the truth of a self evident thing is a Knave." - William Blake

The Brain

I don't know why people are upset, if in fact any people are upset. Only someone living in a cave doesn't know that the question is relevant in Africa today.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Here is the BBC's "apology" and some comments which I agree thoroughly with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2009/12/africa_debate.html

I am seriously considering canceling my subscriptions to BBC podcasts and websites and stopping buying their products. Even FoxNews appears to be less homophobic than the "impartial" BBC.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 02:14:28 PM
"The Man who pretends to be a modest enquirer into the truth of a self evident thing is a Knave." - William Blake

"I have never seen an ass who talked like a human being, but I have met many human beings who talked like asses. " -Heinrich Henne
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: Lacroix on December 17, 2009, 02:10:24 PM
i don't suppose individuals in uganda committing extreme cases of rape in general are executed, just homosexual-rape--right? i don't see a legitimate reason to penalize homosexuality just because the chances of spreading HIV are higher

If the objective is to curb the spread of HIV I can only applaud them for their moral fortitude in doing what has to be done.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 01:54:26 PM
And finally, all of this convinces me that Grallon is actually right - that the liberal "hear everyone's opinion" is truly moronic and will not protect us against hatred and persecution - it will be our destruction.

I marvel at the alacrity with which you diss me in one thread and praise my opinions in another.  Your moral flexibility is simply bewildering.

As for this poll - it's in bad taste - but its intended audience is african after all - so what can one expects?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on December 17, 2009, 02:36:14 PM
If the objective is to curb the spread of HIV I can only applaud them for their moral fortitude in doing what has to be done.

Sounds like a bad measure in that homosexuals can't possibly infect so many people unless HIV just radiates out of our bodies.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2009, 02:53:45 PM

Sounds like a bad measure in that homosexuals can't possibly infect so many people unless HIV just radiates out of our bodies.

Best to execute everyone who has HIV then.   Just to makes sure nobody dies from it.

Slargos

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 17, 2009, 03:07:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2009, 02:53:45 PM

Best to execute everyone who has HIV then.   Just to makes sure nobody dies from it.

I like the way you think.

Eddie Teach

Haven't we already cured it? I mean, Magic Johnson's still alive, right?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2009, 02:53:45 PMSounds like a bad measure in that homosexuals can't possibly infect so many people unless HIV just radiates out of our bodies.

apparently, every homosexual is a rapist that will spread hiv  :rolleyes: (not directed toward you)

Quote from: Peter WigginHaven't we already cured it? I mean, Magic Johnson's still alive, right?

sarcasm?

garbon

Quote from: Lacroix on December 17, 2009, 04:01:59 PM
apparently, every homosexual is a rapist that will spread hiv  :rolleyes: (not directed toward you)

Even if we were, we'd have to make it a full time career to spread it to so many people.