News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

Ten minutes ago.

My poor tree is sagging under all that weight.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Agelastus

It makes me shiver just looking at it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ed Anger

3 2 liter cokes for 4 bucks? What a rip off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2010, 05:56:04 PM

Not for up here it wouldn't be :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on February 21, 2010, 10:22:54 PM

Not for up here it wouldn't be :P

You live in the barbaricum.

Capetan Mihali

But the sight of a carton of Marlboros for 26 bucks makes me think this picture was taken at least a couple of years ago.   :cry:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 22, 2010, 06:32:08 PM

But the sight of a carton of Marlboros for 26 bucks makes me think this picture was taken at least a couple of years ago.   :cry:

Yeah.  :lol:

I noticed they are over 5 bucks a pack here now.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 22, 2010, 06:45:22 PM
Yeah.  :lol:

I noticed they are over 5 bucks a pack here now.

GD stinking federales sin-taxing the shit out of us with that full 1 buck per pack tax hike last year.  Fond memories of taking runs over the Delaware line to stock up on sales-tax-free cartons of Winstons and Camels for 25 a piece... Only a few years ago... Now even DE has 49 dollar cartons.   <_<
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

MadImmortalMan

You need more indian reservations on the East Coast.  :P

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 22, 2010, 08:03:43 PM
You need more indian reservations on the East Coast.  :P

There's virtually none in the Phila./NJ/DE zone, that I know of.  Not sure if the Connecticut ones are still able to go tax-free.

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 22, 2010, 08:59:36 PM
There's virtually none in the Phila./NJ/DE zone, that I know of.  Not sure if the Connecticut ones are still able to go tax-free.
Not virtually none... there are literally none whatsoever.  The closest reservations to you are probably either the ones in upstate New York or that little one on Long Island in the Hamptons (Shinecook?).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Caliga on February 22, 2010, 09:04:08 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 22, 2010, 08:59:36 PM
Not virtually none... there are literally none whatsoever.  The closest reservations to you are probably either the ones in upstate New York or that little one on Long Island in the Hamptons (Shinecook?).

And I believe all the NY State ones got pushed pretty hard in terms of cigarette taxation...

MadBurgerMaker

It's supposed to snow here tonight and tomorrow. :bleeding: