NY governor introduces bill to allow gay marriage

Started by garbon, April 16, 2009, 11:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2009, 11:55:21 AM
Quote from: Fate on December 05, 2009, 11:44:51 AM
They're all part of the welfare state. Some programs are just less sacrosanct than others, thus it doesn't feel right to include them under a Republican's definition of a lazy black person's program.
Fascinating point.  I'm curious, what's your definition of welfare?

Why do you think he would do something so foolish as to define the words he uses?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Faeelin

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 10, 2009, 11:45:18 PM
BTW, the NJ debate has been delayed after the Democratic state senators who were going to vote "no" for public image reasons had their offices swamped with angry phone calls/letters/emails.  I believe you still can't get through to Jeff Van Drew's office.

I was a bit amazed to find out that Princeton's rep is voting no. I think a bit part of it is young ideaologues who don't realize what a crapsack Trenton is.

Though I'm curious where you heard that's the reason.