Kings
3 (11.1%)
Angel
6 (22.2%)
Other (please write in)
7 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Martinus

Ok, so I am looking for some DVD purchase recommendations for Christmas. The shows listed are from season 1 (i.e. I have not seen them or seen only an odd episode here and there) unless otherwise indicated.

My criteria are: it should be good, it should be edgy (i.e. should have some thing that sets it apart and makes it unusual) and it should have at least some gay appeal (I am not saying it needs to be Queer As Folk, but there should be at least some gay character(s) or otherwise appeal to gay sensibilities). :P

Examples of other shows I liked (not listed) are: Queer As Folk, Torchwood, Six Feet Under, Sex and the City.

Edit: You can choose up to 3 options. :)

Caliga

Should you be celebrating Christmas, Marti?  Baby Jesus hates TEH GAYS.  :(

OTOH Jews are indifferent on gays and love lesbos, so maybe celebrate Chanukkah?  :bowler:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2009, 01:58:54 PM

OTOH Jews are indifferent on gays and love lesbos, so maybe celebrate Chanukkah?  :bowler:

Jesus loved gays.  <_<

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 01:59:29 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2009, 01:58:54 PM

Jesus loved gays.  <_<

Loved, loved? :perv:

Caliga

Oh right, I forgot that Jesus was actually gay*. :yes:

*according to the secret gospel of Timothy
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

LaCroix

the wire has two of the coolest gay characters i've ever seen in any show.

one of them is closeted and you'd hardly know it unless you were paying attention to an episode far into the series  :D

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

I voted for Entourage and The Wire. As for gay characters, in Entourage you have a gay sarcastic Mono:

While in The Wire you have a badass gay negro:

clandestino

Voted The Wire, Dexter and Entourage, as those seem the best from the episodes I've gathered.

Unfortunatelly I think that you will pick Glee wich I had the misfortune of seeing a few minutes yesterday. :bleeding:

Josephus

Of the ones on your list, Mad Men is a must-see for sure.

There's even gay shit in it and everything.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on December 10, 2009, 10:28:13 AM
BUMP  :mad:

Why the angry face? Making too much of an effort bumping the thread?

Martinus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Glee is absolutely horrible as show.  The writers just lumped every Teenage High School Cliche together.  The singing numbers are nice, check them out on Youtube or something but do not subject yourself to it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."