News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Remember Pearl today

Started by CountDeMoney, December 07, 2009, 06:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

I'm going to do my part by watching "Tora! Tora! Tora!".  And keying a Honda somewhere.

Martinus

I'm trying to forget Ben Affleck, not to remember him. :bleeding:

Alatriste

Quote from: Martinus on December 07, 2009, 06:35:28 AM
I'm trying to forget Ben Affleck, not to remember him. :bleeding:

You mean you managed to forget Josh Hartnett and Alec Baldwin, lucky you?

Caliga

I saw today on Google News that researchers found the mini sub launched from I-16 that probably fired the torpedo that capsized Oklahoma.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Really?  A minisub actually did something useful?  Wow.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Most of the Japs that went out in minisubs never returned, so that was pretty useful too.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 07, 2009, 09:42:46 AM
Most of the Japs that went out in minisubs never returned, so that was pretty useful too.
Yeah, unless those minisubs happened to be crewed by a couple thousand junior army officers from the early-to-mid 1930s, that probably didn't make that much difference.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 07, 2009, 06:28:46 AM
I'm going to do my part by watching "Tora! Tora! Tora!".  And keying a Honda somewhere.
I think most US-sold Hondas are built here.  Key your Play Station.

Gambrinus

Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2009, 08:33:13 AM
I saw today on Google News that researchers found the mini sub launched from I-16 that probably fired the torpedo that capsized Oklahoma.
Take that Rodgers and Hammerstein!  :Joos:

Tamas

And at the end, the Japs ended up getting what they wanted from the war: regional economic superiority. Good going, America.

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on December 07, 2009, 10:07:31 AM
And at the end, the Japs ended up getting what they wanted from the war: regional economic superiority. Good going, America.
Now you know why China never attacked us.  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on December 07, 2009, 10:07:31 AM

WWII was really a win-win for then.  Win and they become a dominant world power, lose and they are losing to the United States so they should be a power anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2009, 10:34:47 AM
WWII was really a win-win for then.  Win and they become a dominant world power, lose and they are losing to the United States so they should be a power anyway.
Plus they got that nifty opportunity for urban renewal.

Caliga

Oh, and before someone points out that the Chinese attacked us during the Korean War, let me point out that this was a 'police action'.  :cool:  Also, back then they were living in a fantasy world wherein communism actually works.