News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Heisman Trophy

Started by Eddie Teach, December 05, 2009, 11:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for to win this year's Heisman?

Tim Tebow, Florida
1 (4.2%)
Colt McCoy, Texas
2 (8.3%)
Mark Ingram, Alabama
7 (29.2%)
CJ Spiller, Clemson
1 (4.2%)
Jeremy Masoli, Oregon
0 (0%)
Toby Gerhart, Stanford
6 (25%)
Kellen Moore, Boise St
1 (4.2%)
Other
0 (0%)
David Beckham
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Valmy

Quote from: Stonewall on December 08, 2009, 12:35:17 AM
I hadn't heard of him until that game.

Seriously?  He has been a Heisman candidate all year.  He was the Big XII player of the year.  He was going to New York anyway but now he might actually have a chance.

Edit: Just to be clear he was voted player of the year BEFORE the Big XII title game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 08, 2009, 02:53:00 AM
Ndamukong Suh.  Fuck offensive players. :menace:
I asked before and was told he is from Oregon.

Anyone know his ethnicity, the country of origin of his parents?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 08, 2009, 09:28:50 AM
Anyone know his ethnicity, the country of origin of his parents?

His Mother is from Jamaica, his father is from Cameroun.  Ndamukong means 'House of Spears' in the Ngema language.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2009, 09:30:52 AM
His Mother is from Jamaica, his father is from Cameroun.  Ndamukong means 'House of Spears' in the Ngema language.
Thanks.

Brown Wolf: Mare See

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 08, 2009, 09:28:50 AM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 08, 2009, 02:53:00 AM
Ndamukong Suh.  Fuck offensive players. :menace:
I asked before and was told he is from Oregon.

Fucking traitor.  I hope he falls into an open manhole while in NYC.

Admiral Yi

How long before every single defensive lineman in the NFL is an African?

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 08, 2009, 10:48:57 AM

Yeah he and Troy Polamalu...Oregon natives are disloyal and contemptible traitors.

Fortunately good Texans like LaMichael James and Jacquizz Rogers are eager to fill in and lead your flagship Universities to glory.

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2009, 10:58:38 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 08, 2009, 10:48:57 AM

Yeah he and Troy Polamalu...Oregon natives are disloyal and contemptible traitors.

Fortunately good Texans like LaMichael James and Jacquizz Rogers are eager to fill in and lead your flagship Universities to glory.

You can afford to lose a couple, Texas is full to the brim with 5 star recruits.  Oregon gets one or two a decade.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 08, 2009, 11:06:36 AM
You can afford to lose a couple, Texas is full to the brim with 5 star recruits.  Oregon gets one or two a decade.

Right which creates the following ridiculous scenario every. single. game. Texas plays:  "I grew up a Texas fan but they DIDN'T RECRUIT ME!!111  WAAAH!  NOW I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE".

Yeah?  Just like those two guys last week?

Then ESPN gets the story and every time one of these guys makes a play we get 'He is showing Texas just what they missed by not recruiting him!'

Already the Alabama QB has started it.  It would be nice to play just one game without somebody on the other team not out for revenge.

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2009, 11:12:21 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 08, 2009, 11:06:36 AM

Right which creates the following ridiculous scenario every. single. game. Texas plays:  "I grew up a Texas fan but they DIDN'T RECRUIT ME!!111  WAAAH!  NOW I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE".

Yeah?  Just like those two guys last week?

Then ESPN gets the story and every time one of these guys makes a play we get 'He is showing Texas just what they missed by not recruiting him!'

Already the Alabama QB has started it.  It would be nice to play just one game without somebody on the other team not out for revenge.

Wow I never realized you guys had it so rough.  Almost makes the 4 national titles and 31 conference championships not worth it, huh?

derspiess

As much as I hate his name: Colt McCoy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 08, 2009, 11:16:51 AM
Wow I never realized you guys had it so rough.  Almost makes the 4 national titles and 31 conference championships not worth it, huh?

That certainly eases the pain of having the hear the exact same personal interest story over and over and over (and over and over and over) every week for thirty years yes :D

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 08, 2009, 11:17:22 AM
As much as I hate his name: Colt McCoy.

How can you hate that name?  That is the greatest Texas Quarterback name evah!

Colt won't win it though.  It is a three way race and I think Ingram comes out on top but it will be close.  Colt will be 4th and Tebow 5th.

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2009, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 08, 2009, 11:16:51 AM

That certainly eases the pain of having the hear the exact same personal interest story over and over and over (and over and over and over) every week for thirty years yes :D

I would trade you spots in a heart beat. :D