News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

You and Your Languish Persona

Started by Martinus, December 05, 2009, 05:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How different/similar is your Languish persona compared to your real life self?

I'm pretty much the same here and in real life
33 (70.2%)
I embellish and exaggerate some personality traits here but otherwise it's largely similar
10 (21.3%)
I'm a completely different person in real life
2 (4.3%)
I'm really a Jaron's sockpuppet (aka the Jaron Option)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Jaron

For awhile, I think DGuller had to shake Dorsey accusations.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Monoriu

katmai

Quote from: Monoriu on December 06, 2009, 09:52:13 PM
I don't exaggerate too much  :lol:

That's the most depressing thing i've ever read on this forum.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

IN real life, I am angry and bitter all the time, and live on welfare.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

dps

Quote from: Berkut on December 06, 2009, 10:09:58 PM

So the image you project here is half-true.  :)

As for me, I'm pretty much the same IRL.  I guess the biggest difference is that IRL I tend to be quiet around people I don't know well;  I'm probably (well, almost certainly) more extroverted onlne, though I've tried to loosen up IRL the last few years.

BuddhaRhubarb

well here's an interesting sidebar/melodrama to this thread. jaron's trolling of my just now happened desktop system crash (and loss on my novel in progress really) has cost him our real life internet relationship. de-friended on facebook. and if i ever chatted on msn anymore, i'd lose him there as well.

Over-reaction? likely yes. I don't care. He pissed me off once too often. I'm tired of trollish posts from people here in threads that are sincere in their asking for help or input on an issue (this one being in the computer related subforum.)

I'd rather have rational discussion of something that is a personal issue. I wasn't talking about anything other than my own issue, and looking for at the minimum a vague sense of empathy, not hahah.

Is there a way to do that here, other than in a [rocks] thread in tbr. is it all trolling all the time?
:p

Syt

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 07, 2009, 01:38:41 AM
Is there a way to do that here, other than in a [rocks] thread in tbr. is it all trolling all the time?

In OTR? Mostly yes. Unless you have the patience to have the trolls have their day first, they usually lose interest after a while.

Other than that - I'd only ever discuss major personal matters in the Jaron-free TBR.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on December 07, 2009, 01:18:26 AM
As for me, I'm pretty much the same IRL.  I guess the biggest difference is that IRL I tend to be quiet around people I don't know well;  I'm probably (well, almost certainly) more extroverted onlne, though I've tried to loosen up IRL the last few years.
Same here, although I don't consider it a different persona, but rather one of those differences in communication.  For whatever reason it's a lot easier to be extroverted online (it's also a lot easier to be belligerent).

Brazen

Pretty much the same. I whine less in real life though :P

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

A lot like here but I'm more of an asshole in RL.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on December 07, 2009, 01:55:10 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 07, 2009, 01:38:41 AM

In OTR? Mostly yes. Unless you have the patience to have the trolls have their day first, they usually lose interest after a while.

Other than that - I'd only ever discuss major personal matters in the Jaron-free TBR.
Meh, I don't see that as too big a deal, people act like dicks IRL too.
People generally don't just suddenly start being dicks out of the blue, you know what you're going to get from some people so it shouldn't have an effect.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

and a GOPtard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Warspite

I'm a euroweenie douche-bag IRL and online.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Berkut

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 07, 2009, 08:25:49 AM

and a GOPtard.

A religious fanatic Libertarian GOPtard, in fact.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned