News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Remember Pearl today

Started by CountDeMoney, December 07, 2009, 06:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Has Obama apologized to the Japanese yet for our part in Pearl Harbor?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 07, 2009, 11:14:48 AM
Has Obama apologized to the Japanese yet for our part in Pearl Harbor?

Well it was pretty mean of us to cut off their oil supplies when they are trying to destroy China.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Gambrinus on December 07, 2009, 09:51:00 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2009, 08:33:13 AM
I saw today on Google News that researchers found the mini sub launched from I-16 that probably fired the torpedo that capsized Oklahoma.
Take that Rodgers and Hammerstein!  :Joos:

68 years later they continue their assualt through karaoke.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Scipio

In Chancery Court this morning, the judge, an 87-year-old WW2 veteran (bomber pilot on D-Day) gave a brief speech about how Pearl Harbor day was a pivotal day in American history, and how we today should remember Pearl Harbor Day and reflect upon our own civic and political involvement, due to the crises we face today.  Nice.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Six days till my pop's 68th birthday!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 09:48:54 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 07, 2009, 06:28:46 AM
I'm going to do my part by watching "Tora! Tora! Tora!".  And keying a Honda somewhere.
I think most US-sold Hondas are built here.  Key your Play Station.

You've got a point.  I think I'll throttle a preschooler with a Hello Kitty backpack.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 07, 2009, 06:19:35 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 09:48:54 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 07, 2009, 06:28:46 AM
I'm going to do my part by watching "Tora! Tora! Tora!".  And keying a Honda somewhere.
I think most US-sold Hondas are built here.  Key your Play Station.

You've got a point.  I think I'll throttle a preschooler with a Hello Kitty backpack.

Leave the child stalking to Marcin!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 10:36:54 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2009, 10:34:47 AM
WWII was really a win-win for then.  Win and they become a dominant world power, lose and they are losing to the United States so they should be a power anyway.
Plus they got that nifty opportunity for urban renewal.
It's a shame that North America has never catastrophically lost a modern war.  The destruction of US cities in the US Civil War and the War of 1812 wasn't able to be capitalized on.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on December 07, 2009, 07:27:12 PM
WWII was really a win-win for then.  Win and they become a dominant world power, lose and they are losing to the United States so they should be a power anyway.
It's a shame that North America has never catastrophically lost a modern war.  The destruction of US cities in the US Civil War and the War of 1812 wasn't able to be capitalized on.

Detroit sure looks like it lost a modern war...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2009, 07:49:20 PM
Detroit sure looks like it lost a modern war...
The war to keep the blacks out.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Reagan did his best.

Neil

There was nobody capable of defeating the US during Reagan's presidency.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 07, 2009, 08:08:17 PM

No, he destroyed the cities just fine on his own.

And, if you think nobody was capable of defeating the US, I give you: Cuban construction workers and one crazy nigger named Maurice.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on December 07, 2009, 08:08:17 PM
As the Whopper said in War Games, the only way to win is not to play. 
PDH!

Neil