"Sink the Bismarck" - Scots brew beer with 41% alc.

Started by Syt, February 19, 2010, 06:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

Stealing the title back with something called 'Sink the Bismark' really delights me.

And, coming out with a reduced alcohol content beer named Nanny State?

Yeah, I definetely like these folks.

Edit: Also, Kilts  :blush:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Sink the Bismarck was a great movie.  That WREN was smoking hot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2010, 09:55:10 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on February 19, 2010, 07:56:19 AM
Apparently, if I understand their website correctly, they freeze the beer for several weeks. I am uncertain that you could call it beer after that.
Nope, you can't by any conventional definition.  This freezing process used to be how hard cider was "fortified", the resulting product being called applejack.  Unfortunately, it has a tendency to make people go blind, so it's not typically used any longer.  :blush:  I would hope that these guys have better quality control (IIRC the cider problem was caused by concentrating small amounts of methanol).
It's probably like an Eisbock.  That's the German variation.  Although, Barleywines get up there in strength as well, though I haven't seen one nearly that strong before.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Lucidor

I've liked the Brewdog beers I've tried. Some of the bottle texts are a bit pretentious, but they're OK.

Best over the top beer I've tried was Mikkeller Black, a 17,5% coffee stout. Tasted like a fire in a coffee roastery.

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on February 19, 2010, 08:21:06 PM
I watched that movie the night I slept on the USS Massachusetts.  :cool:

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on February 19, 2010, 09:03:50 PM
It's probably like an Eisbock.  That's the German variation.  Although, Barleywines get up there in strength as well, though I haven't seen one nearly that strong before.
I have a bottle of barleywine I'm saving for another year or so before I drink it.  According to the bottle, it's 18 proof.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on February 20, 2010, 08:40:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 19, 2010, 08:21:06 PM
I watched that movie the night I slept on the USS Massachusetts.  :cool:

They let hobos sleep on the ship?  That's awfully kind.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"