News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Seriously, is Slargos on drugs or something? I mean wtf.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 01:34:52 AM
How do you like your life, anyway, Slargos? You sound bitter.

Not enough sunlight.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pat

I actually feel bad for being so mean to him. The more I think about it, I can't imagine he knew what he was saying.

LaCroix

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 01:41:14 AM
Seriously, is Slargos on drugs or something? I mean wtf.
you sound bitter

slargos is a slargos, a creature beyond means of comprehension. be he the embodiment of hate, the for-seer of truth and the future, a combination of both, or a salesman who plays his role on the forum and happens to be drunk at this point in time? the world may never know

Pat

I don't think I sound bitter; if I do, well, I'm not.

And yes, you're right. He's probably drunk.

Pat

He's logged off now. I hope he gets some sleep.

LaCroix

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 01:50:38 AM
I don't think I sound bitter; if I do, well, I'm not.

And yes, you're right. He's probably drunk.
i quoted the last of a string of posts, but i mostly referenced this:

QuoteYour mouth is big. Would it be as big in real life?

I have a hard time taking you seriously. You're a joke. A caricature. A failure in life, who blames his failure on "the other".

harsh.  :(

Pat

Yes, I feel bad about it. I like Slargos as a poster, even if I don't agree with his politics. I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't been ganged up on in this thread and then repeatedly provoked by him. I'd be willing to apologize.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Pat

Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2009, 02:07:42 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 02:01:43 AM
I'd be willing to apologize.

I accept. Just don't let it happen again.

I wasn't talking to you, so I don't know why you felt it was directed at you. What are you trying to say here? That similar things can be said of you?

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 12:41:05 AM
Oh, and who's willing to bet it will be primarily libertarians who will suddenly be "not interested" in internet drama?

Nothing to do with politics, it's because euot went full retard a long time ago. 

Pat

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 05, 2009, 02:32:25 AM
Nothing to do with politics, it's because euot went full retard a long time ago. 

Well, yes, I don't go there very often, so the decision to leave was easy to make.

Judas Iscariot:

I left on my own free will. I wrote a summary which I believe is on page 2.

This is not about Stonewall punishing me: it is about him calling me a liar, and not allowing me to respond.

"Please accept this piece of professional advice from an attorney to someone who aspires to be one.  Your credibility is sacrosanct.  When you say something, people need to be able to believe that you are telling the truth, regardless as to whether they agree with that truth or whether it is a truth they want to hear.  Your conduct here has been incredibly disappointing because you threw your credibility away perpetuating a lie designed to justify your decision to stop participating in the discussion by claiming that you have been a victim of moderator oppression. "

And at the end he added this:

"EDIT: Just so that there is no confusion, there is nothing in this post that should be seen by you as asking for or otherwise permitting a public response from you.  Such a response, no matter how brief, minor or innocuous will result in your further being warned for publicly commenting on or arguing a moderator decision. [...]"

If you go back to the first page you can read all of what he says: First he says he warned me for my arguments against religion. Then he say I was never banned from making my argments, and he call me a liar for saying that I was!

Edit: Looks like JI removed the post I was responding to.

LaCroix

then.. to summarize this thread: someone called you a liar, and you did not like that. you sent him a pm but felt that because he might just occasionally check this board, you would post an entire topic to directly call his attention, perhaps hoping that he apologize. you are asking a lawyer to apologize. again: you want a lawyer to admit he was wrong.

Pat

I don't think it's fair to call me a liar and not allow me to respond. Especially not after talking high about the sacrosanctity of credibility etc. Of course, I would very much appreciate an apology, and I think that would be fair, but I realize that's not going to happend. He doesn't have to admit to anything. I only ask that my side of it can be presented.

Edit: And what do you mean "an entire topic"? Have you seen the usual standard of the topics people create on this forum?  ;)

The Brain

I am confused. Are you a Communist or not?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.