News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

:(

i feel for you, miglia, though i did not read your story of prosecution, i share in my heart all that you may hope to obtain with this petty post on a forum that seems to have disconnected itself from the paradox forums many years ago. good luck, soul brother!  :hug:

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Too much text, flashbacks to school, no fucking way I'm reading all that.

P.S. Have no fear no mod around here uses gay ass colors when modjucating!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

What the hell was the point of posting all that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2009, 12:45:54 AM

We aren't quite sure yet, but I think it might have something to do with librarians.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2009, 12:49:43 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2009, 12:45:54 AM

We aren't quite sure yet, but I think it might have something to do with librarians.

I had wondered what fahdizzle had been up to.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

my EU OT drama was soo much more interesting.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Pat

OK fuck that first post. You can go back to it if you need additional context.

Summary:

First I am warned for this (on account of religion being a banned subject):

/quote]On a priori rights.

If we are to assume there is such a thing as a priori rights, and these do not come from the sky fairy, we must seek their source in human nature and human DNA as shaped by human evolution. For a rational person, this is the only possible source of these rights.

Let us then assume a typical band of hunter-gatherers, before the invention of government.

Presumably, these hunter-gatherers have a primitive understanding of possession. If someone from another tribe comes to steal their things, they will defend them. But their possession is not individually linked. If Gorm is starving, Throg does not say "this meat is mine, I will not share it". Because then the other tribesmembers would quite right to kick Throg out of their tribe for being a selfish bastard.

So, if you say there is an a priori right to property, I can just as well say there is an a priori right to expect others to share.

---

And this is why I don't like libertarianism. They construct an entire intellecual edifice on phony premises. It is akin to religion.[/quote]

Later, I bow out of the discussion, and say I will leave EUOT because I found my arguments to be banned. Stonewall warn me again, saying he will not allow such dishonesty to perpetuate itself on this forum, and call me a liar, because I was never banned from making argumentation. Which is not true: Religion, as a subject, is banned.

He calls me a liar, while talking about the "sacrisanctity of credibility", and then forbids me from posting in the thread again. I.e. he accuse me of being a liar, and will not allow me to defend myself against the accusation. So I PM him, asking to have my explanation posted to thread. I do not ask to have the warning removed: I only ask to be able to say why I am not a liar.

LaCroix

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 12:52:36 AM
OK fuck that first post. You can go back to it if you need additional context.

Summary:

First I am warned for this (on account of religion being a banned subject):

/quote]On a priori rights.

If we are to assume there is such a thing as a priori rights, and these do not come from the sky fairy, we must seek their source in human nature and human DNA as shaped by human evolution. For a rational person, this is the only possible source of these rights.

Let us then assume a typical band of hunter-gatherers, before the invention of government.

Presumably, these hunter-gatherers have a primitive understanding of possession. If someone from another tribe comes to steal their things, they will defend them. But their possession is not individually linked. If Gorm is starving, Throg does not say "this meat is mine, I will not share it". Because then the other tribesmembers would quite right to kick Throg out of their tribe for being a selfish bastard.

So, if you say there is an a priori right to property, I can just as well say there is an a priori right to expect others to share.

---

And this is why I don't like libertarianism. They construct an entire intellecual edifice on phony premises. It is akin to religion.

Later, I bow out of the discussion, and say I will leave EUOT because I found my arguments to be banned. Stonewall warn me again, saying he will not allow such dishonesty to perpetuate itself on this forum, and call me a liar, because I was never banned from making argumentation. Which is not true: Religion, as a subject, is banned.

He calls me a liar, while talking about the "sacrisanctity of credibility", and then forbids me from posting in the thread again. I.e. he accuse me of being a liar, and will not allow me to defend myself against the accusation. So I PM him, asking to have my explanation posted to thread. I do not ask to have the warning removed: I only ask to be able to say why I am not a liar.

how can one fuck a post? i am so confused  :weep:

Pat

LaCroix

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

LaCroix