And we're back!

Main Menu

My turn to brag.. about my kid

Started by Valdemar, December 03, 2009, 02:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on December 03, 2009, 06:43:33 PM
Hampus?

Is that a common Swedish name?  Sounds like something you'd name the main character in a kid's story about a hamster in ancient Rome or something.

I don't know about common and I cannot be arsed to google it (I believe there's a list of how common different names are in sweden, but I know that I will just get myself worked up about Mohammed near the top of the list if I do look at it) but it's not rare and I've known several Hampuses. I think it's one of those names that fell out of fashion for a while, but is making a return now that there is a backlash against "normal" names.

We're seeing a lot of the dazzling urbanite type spelling now, speaking of which. Everyone wants their special little unique creation to be specialer than the rest, I guess.

You squirted out a baby, dumb fuck, it's not the first time in history that's ever happened.

Jeez.

And to clarify, I'm railing against the stupid names, not you, Valdy.  :P

Josquius

Wow, they let kids do martial arts competitivly there :o
That's awesome. I quit karate when I was a kid because it was just dancing, you never actually learned any fighting.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on December 03, 2009, 07:27:03 PM
That's awesome. I quit karate when I was a kid because it was just dancing, you never actually learned any fighting.

That's how they roll in those Skandinavian warrior cultures.  They sacrifice to Thor right before the competition.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valdemar

In Judo its quite common to have competitions, I think the age limit is 7 at least there was a class for both boys and girls under 25kg.

I know for a fact that there are kids tournaments in judo in the UK as well.

But then, one of the reasons for chosing Judo is that it is not karate or Ju Jitsu in which there are kicking and hitting. Flying feets and hands makes kids competitions harder :D

I am not sure they allow full combat competitions in Karate or Ju jitsu?

V

Brazen

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 03, 2009, 02:20:11 PM
Looks like he doesn't have legs.  Not exactly a fair fight.
More like he's yogic flying:

Viking

meh, your kid beat up other kids, keep him away from cats and guns and 30 years from now he won't be CdM.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Pat

Quote from: Valdemar on December 04, 2009, 03:29:43 AM

In Judo its quite common to have competitions, I think the age limit is 7 at least there was a class for both boys and girls under 25kg.

I know for a fact that there are kids tournaments in judo in the UK as well.

But then, one of the reasons for chosing Judo is that it is not karate or Ju Jitsu in which there are kicking and hitting. Flying feets and hands makes kids competitions harder :D

I am not sure they allow full combat competitions in Karate or Ju jitsu?

V

I actually used to do karate (kusanu-ha shitoryu), and when I was 14 I won the district championship combat competition for kids under 15. Not as impressive as it sounds as there are only 3 kusanu-ha dojos in the Stockholm district and I was one of the oldest and some of them were as young as 11 or 12 or something, so I had a bit of an advantage. Not sure what the lower age might have been. But yeah, it was mostly dancing, and it was rare for us to practice fighting, so I quit.

Valdemar

Quote from: Viking on December 04, 2009, 07:52:21 AM
meh, your kid beat up other kids, keep him away from cats and guns and 30 years from now he won't be CdM.

Actually, what I'm proud of is the come back after the first loss, and the fact he held onto his decision of joining, even if it was in the B class and -35kg class, despite this being his first tournament.

The fact he can then beat up other kids is ofc nice  :menace: but in reality he is far less likely to use it against other kids than the random soccer kid is using a swift kick on an opponent :)

V

Grey Fox

I was a Beast a Tae Kwon Do when I was younger. I think girls killed it for me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 04, 2009, 09:28:06 AM
I was a Beast a Tae Kwon Do when I was younger. I think girls killed it for me.

They beat you up too often?

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Phillip V

Teach him programming so he can be the next Mark Zuckerburg.