News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My turn to brag.. about my kid

Started by Valdemar, December 03, 2009, 02:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdemar

Right, one should be proud of ones children..

And since there is no modesty on languish I'll go right ahead:

And no, this is not just my 9 y old son beating up a random kid. :P  :menace:

This is his first tournament ever, despite having trained since he was 5½. He has simply not wanted to go to a fight before. However, waiting this long means he goes up as a graded (4th Kyu) and in the big boys -35kg class.

Due to the size of the class there was no round robin openner round. It was straight to elimination cup style, though with repercharge.

He lost his first match, and I was "oh sh.." wondering if it broke his spirit, and indeed if he had been eliminated after 1 match.

But no, apparently he just got fired up, entered the repecharge, and won the next 4 matches for an overall bronze :cool: One on no show of opponent, one on Ippon, two on Wazaari.

V

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

He broke the little kid's spirits, and you're proud of this display of brutish barbarism?  <_<

Just kidding. Your kid looks slavic. What gives?  :P

Tonitrus

Admiral Yi

Your kid is cool but the blond kid is a total badass with that levitation trick.

Valdemar

Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 02:15:57 PM
He broke the little kid's spirits, and you're proud of this display of brutish barbarism?  <_<

Just kidding. Your kid looks slavic. What gives?  :P

Ask my wife :D

Actually he is aspitting image of his maternal granddad, but they lived as farmers on Sjælland for generations...

Oh and he beat Swedish kid named Hampus too  :menace: It was an international cup with 300+ kids from several nations

V

Valdemar

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 03, 2009, 02:17:44 PM
Did he sweep the leg?

I can't recall which match this was.. but the one on Ippon was a cunter throw, based on leg sweeps yes :)

V

DisturbedPervert

Did he sweep the leg?

Looks like he doesn't have legs.  Not exactly a fair fight.

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2009, 02:18:52 PM
Your kid is cool but the blond kid is a total badass with that levitation trick.
Master Yoda.... 

Valdemar

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 03, 2009, 02:20:11 PM
Did he sweep the leg?

Looks like he doesn't have legs.  Not exactly a fair fight.

He did have legs before the fights.......

:P

V

KRonn

Good stuff Valde, grats on your son's achievements in the martial art and tournament!

Jacob

Hampus?

Is that a common Swedish name?  Sounds like something you'd name the main character in a kid's story about a hamster in ancient Rome or something.

Jacob

Well unless it's on a train or bus or a long meeting something like that.