Which is more important: Job or location?

Started by Tonitrus, December 04, 2009, 08:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Job or Location?

Job
9 (34.6%)
The world is what you make of it
5 (19.2%)
Being with Jaron is all I need
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2009, 10:52:37 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2009, 10:33:13 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2009, 10:26:57 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 04, 2009, 10:18:53 AM
Quote from: ulmont on December 04, 2009, 10:06:17 AM
On the other hand, you can't totally ignore weather, so I'm not moving any further north than Atlanta if I can help it.
Ironically you're getting snow this weekend while I'm not. :smoke:

Seriously though, I agree... I'm not moving again unless it's further south... Atlanta is the furthest north I'd be willing to live and I'd prefer Florida or possibly Texas.

I wouldn't mind settling in Eastern Tennessee. Get about 10-20 acres, wall it off and rest.

Ok, Mr Plainview.

There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough money that I can get away from everyone.

Yep.

It has little to do with money.  Just move some place where there are very few people.

Like I did.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2009, 10:52:37 AM

There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough money that I can get away from everyone.

Yep.

:)

Caliga

Languish is home to a large number of misanthropes.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 04, 2009, 01:00:18 PM

Says the guy out in the middle of nowhere.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

Quote from: Grallon on December 04, 2009, 08:08:04 AM
A job is a job - nothing fun about it but it pays the bills.  So definately an enjoyable place to live for me.

I'd kill myself if I didn't like what I'll be doing for most of my life.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of other things I enjoy and would do if I didn't have to go to work, and I fucking hate commuting - but my job is often quite fun.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2009, 01:47:14 PM

Hey, I have social plans for the next three days in a row.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 04, 2009, 03:08:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2009, 01:47:14 PM

Hey, I have social plans for the next three days in a row.  :cool:

Hey, I go out to parties n' shit, play poker with a regular group, etc. I still hate most of humanity though.

Would I like to live in an isolated stronghold? Hells yeah.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

BuddhaRhubarb

A Job is just that. Location is everything. If you say it 3 times while looking in the mirror Biggie Smalls will appear.
:p

LaCroix

i took "job" to mean a position that you honestly enjoy doing, regardless of the seemingly backwater/crowded/mundane/over-exciting/cold/hot/whatever location that it might be in. i think if you wake up every morning and look forward to the day that you spend at work, it might just be better than the environment you live in. after all, you can usually find something neat about the place you're situated in

katmai

Job-

I can go to different locations with the skills from my profession.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

It's a continuum for me (like, I wouldn't accept a slightly better job if it involved a massive drop in location quality) but overall I'd say "Location". I wouldn't go to work in Abu Dhabi (even before it imploded) even if it meant getting 3-4 times more money.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on December 05, 2009, 04:03:19 AM
It's a continuum for me (like, I wouldn't accept a slightly better job if it involved a massive drop in location quality) but overall I'd say "Location". I wouldn't go to work in Abu Dhabi (even before it imploded) even if it meant getting 3-4 times more money.
Did Abu Dhabi implode?  I thought it was just Dubai for now, but I'd love to be saddened to find out I'm wrong about that.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on December 05, 2009, 04:11:22 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 05, 2009, 04:03:19 AM
Did Abu Dhabi implode?  I thought it was just Dubai for now, but I'd love to be saddened to find out I'm wrong about that.

Sorry, I meant Dubai.