News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Heisman Trophy

Started by Eddie Teach, December 05, 2009, 11:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for to win this year's Heisman?

Tim Tebow, Florida
1 (4.2%)
Colt McCoy, Texas
2 (8.3%)
Mark Ingram, Alabama
7 (29.2%)
CJ Spiller, Clemson
1 (4.2%)
Jeremy Masoli, Oregon
0 (0%)
Toby Gerhart, Stanford
6 (25%)
Kellen Moore, Boise St
1 (4.2%)
Other
0 (0%)
David Beckham
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 08, 2009, 11:23:30 AM
I would trade you spots in a heart beat. :D

Your spot isn't so bad.  You have California next door and USC cannot take everybody.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2009, 11:19:19 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 08, 2009, 11:17:22 AM
As much as I hate his name: Colt McCoy.

How can you hate that name?  That is the greatest Texas Quarterback name evah!

Colt won't win it though.  It is a three way race and I think Ingram comes out on top but it will be close.  Colt will be 4th and Tebow 5th.

It is a great name, talk about being born into a position.

I don't think Su will finish ahead of McCoy; Colt was the front runner before Saturday I can't imagine he would fall that far.  He played poorly but still got the team into position to get the win.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 08, 2009, 11:26:43 AM
I don't think Su will finish ahead of McCoy; Colt was the front runner before Saturday I can't imagine he would fall that far.  He played poorly but still got the team into position to get the win.

I think he actually played one of his gutsiest games.  Dude got the heck beat out of him but never gave up and kept making plays even after his recievers were dropping his passes, his linemen were getting whipped on every play.  It reminded me of a game Dave Krieg played against Kansas City waaaaay back in the day when he led the Seahawks to victory despite being sacked 9 times.

But the Heisman is a beauty contest where stats and stats accumulated on TV most recently most important.  If you flipped Ingram's Florida game with his Auburn game he wouldn't win it even though his season stats would be the same.  It is just how it goes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2009, 03:16:14 PM
st where stats and stats accumulated on TV most recently most important.  If you flipped Ingram's Florida game with his Auburn game he wouldn't win it even though his season stats would be the same.  It is just how it goes.
I think that this is true, and it is why I give the award no cred.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on December 08, 2009, 08:00:37 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 08, 2009, 07:51:07 AM
I'd like to see a defensive player win the Heisman.

They are other players on the field then QBs & RBs.
It has happened.
Meh, kind of.  Woodson pimped himself out for kick returns and other more highlight reel work in addition to his purely defensive resume.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."