News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Earth could plunge into sudden ice age

Started by jimmy olsen, December 02, 2009, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Penguin

Seriously, the only new thing in that article is that they now have fund conformation of the rapid cooling in Ireland...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on December 03, 2009, 06:31:33 AM
So what I want to know is: will the Dutch and various Pacific people will be under water or not? Global warming is supposed to float them but if global warming causes a new ice age, did not the last ice age featured massive ice caps ergo lower sea level?
Global warming's an outdated phrase generally they prefer climate change because global warming suggests everyone heats up whereas we're not clear quite what'll happen.  For example the expectation is that the far north of Scotland will get far, far colder and the south of England will become more warm and arid.  All over the world local conditions will prevail and change rather than everyone will just get a little bit warmer.
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2009, 01:45:07 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 02, 2009, 10:10:01 PM
The Day After sucked on every level and I hope the people who wrote that piece of shit regre it the rest of hteir lives.

I hope you mean The Day After Tomorrow and not The Day After.
I knew there was something wrong as I typed, but couldn't figure it out.
PDH!

BuddhaRhubarb

As a Canadian, I'm prepared for any such eventuality.
:p

crazy canuck

The important thing here is that Whister has had a record snow fall and I am going skiing on Saturday.

Richard Hakluyt

""If the Greenland ice sheet melted suddenly it would be catastrophic," he said. "  :huh:

Indeed it would, but that is not going to happen, it simply takes a lot of time for such a thing as the Greenland icecap to melt.

The sudden discharge of Lake Agassiz was a special case; if a vast lake built-up in the interior of Greenland (over decades) and then suddenly breached into the ocean then the thing they are fussing about could happen.

Ed Anger

They should have that sudden discharge looked at.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fate

With the revelations of climategate, can we really trust the story that Tim posted?