News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This competition screams Languish!

Started by Pedrito, December 02, 2009, 05:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

http://networkchallenge.darpa.mil/

QuoteTo mark the 40th anniversary of the Internet, DARPA has announced the DARPA Network Challenge, a competition that will explore the roles the Internet and social networking play in the timely communication, wide-area team-building, and urgent mobilization required to solve broad-scope, time-critical problems.

The challenge is to be the first to submit the locations of 10 moored, 8-foot, red, weather balloons at 10 fixed locations in the continental United States. The balloons will be in readily accessible locations and visible from nearby roads.

A $40,000 cash prize will be awarded to the first entrant to submit the latitude and longitude of all ten balloons.

I can only imagine our US posters trying a collaborative effort to locate the balloons and win the prize  :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Eddie Teach

I think the best single word to describe our American posters is "lazy" so gl with that.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

If lettow would go into a DARPA experimental self healing minefield, fine by me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Are we allowed to put up fake red balloons to throw off the others?

Malthus

If this were a Languish team building exercise, I would expect someone to compare the balloons to a woman's breasts, and ten pages of breast-related hijack to ensue.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Malthus on December 02, 2009, 05:12:15 PM
If this were a Languish team building exercise, I would expect someone to compare the balloons to a woman's breasts, and ten pages of breast-related hijack to ensue.  :D

Cal or Ed would be in charge of balloon boobs, and it would be ten pages of hijack about a famous battle between Byzantine balloon units and Incan torpedo boats. :contract:
Experience bij!

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

You win by having geographic coverage.  We don't have that.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 02, 2009, 05:17:42 PM

Cal or Ed would be in charge of balloon boobs, and it would be ten pages of hijack about a famous battle between Byzantine balloon units and Incan torpedo boats. :contract:

I'm an ass and leg man myself.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2009, 05:19:49 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 02, 2009, 05:17:42 PM

I'm an ass and leg man myself.
:yes:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Did our friendly bot show us her boobs yet?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Weatherman

Don't forget the Civil War.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Weatherman on December 02, 2009, 05:46:04 PM

Don't forget the Civil War.

Joe Hooker had small breasts.

Capetan Mihali

What, they couldn't afford neunundneunizg balloons?   <_<
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

sbr

A hooker with small breasts seems a waste, if you are paying for it why not go top-shelf.