News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fields of Glory

Started by Tamas, December 02, 2009, 04:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on December 08, 2009, 12:37:00 AM
I just watched the MP video - it does look very slick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41t0ZM2rpxM

It is. If you don't mind the generally low unit count (I know I don't), you should really consider this.

PDH

Looks interesting. Of course if I played it against Tamas I would be accused of winning and he would have to quit.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

Quote from: PDH on December 08, 2009, 08:54:59 AM
Looks interesting. Of course if I played it against Tamas I would be accused of winning and he would have to quit.

:rolleyes: you exploited that ACW game. You sent 3 armies worth of yankee soldiers organized in a single division

Habbaku

:console:  Berkut does the same, so I know how you feel.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on December 08, 2009, 09:21:57 AM

:rolleyes: you exploited that ACW game. You sent 3 armies worth of yankee soldiers organized in a single division

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2009, 10:16:19 AM

:lol:
Burnside's grand divisions!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

That is why Hungarians lost at Lechfeld and Mohacs. Can't think outside the box.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

LaCroix

:lmfao:

what, forrest's raiders couldn't stop it?  :P

Tamas

Had a very close game as my first pbem match but lost :( Was Romans vs. the Acheans at Corinth, the Greeks had to avoid gathering 19 morale point-somethings to avoid routing en masse, I had to avoid 24. They were at 17 when I crossed into 25 :bleeding:

My initial plan was to hold their strong center with my spearmen allies while my crack legions wrap up both flanks, but the phalanxes fared much better than I anticipated, my allies were no match for them, so my only hope was to turn this into a Cannae, and altough their left did crumble, and their right was holding out for dear life, my center collapsed, routing the battlefield. Of course, my flankers were also pretty much exhausted.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on December 09, 2009, 12:14:35 PM
Had a very close game as my first pbem match but lost :( Was Romans vs. the Acheans at Corinth, the Greeks had to avoid gathering 19 morale point-somethings to avoid routing en masse, I had to avoid 24. They were at 17 when I crossed into 25 :bleeding:

My initial plan was to hold their strong center with my spearmen allies while my crack legions wrap up both flanks, but the phalanxes fared much better than I anticipated, my allies were no match for them, so my only hope was to turn this into a Cannae, and altough their left did crumble, and their right was holding out for dear life, my center collapsed, routing the battlefield. Of course, my flankers were also pretty much exhausted.

You had Flankers and still lost?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Where'd you buy this game, by the way?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2009, 06:45:26 PM:XD:

:blush: :lol:

There could be sources other than direct from Slitherine, no?

Tamas

Threviel

Wait a minute, are we talking about Field of glory or Fields of glory?