And we're back!

Main Menu

Worst Airline in the World?

Started by Weatherman, March 30, 2009, 07:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Drakken on March 31, 2009, 12:18:46 AM
How about Aeroflot and Cubanair? :x

I didn't have any problems with Aeroflot, even the Ukraine Intl flight where they had to put tape on the doors to keep them closed was preferable to getting things done in Italy.

Lucidor

I flew with Turkmenistan Airlines once. The seats of the Tu-154 weren't really screwed to the floor and the one toilet in the middle of the plane was clogged and kept spilling water onto the floor whenever the plane banked. It smelled like water, luckily.

vinraith

Quote from: grumbler on March 30, 2009, 08:14:49 PM
Quote from: vinraith on March 30, 2009, 08:01:35 PM
Wow. Note to self: avoid Italy at all costs.
Avoid Alitalia, at least.  We just had a group of students come back from a spring break trip to Italy (run by the Latin teacher) and they had a great time.  Some railroad issues, but that's pretty common everywhere.

Fair enough. It just seems like an uncomfortably large percentage of the travel horror stories I've heard specifically involve Italy.

Lucidor

The original piece is really funny :D

Monoriu

I am not sure what I would do if I was stranded in an airport like that though. 

I was once almost stranded in Nanjing.  It snowed heavily that day.  Dragonair staff said our flight was cancelled, and they had booked a hotel room for us.  I asked how come China Eastern was still flying.  There was no answer.  I was so desperate that I just queued up at China Eastern, armed with my Dragonair ticket.  The China Eastern staff took my ticket, and gave me a China Eastern boarding pass without saying a single word.  Kudos to their brave pilots and crew for daring to take off in heavy snow. 

I was lucky, as the snow persisted for weeks.  If I took up the Dragonair free hotel offer, I would be stuck in Nanjing for a long time  <_<

Martinus

To be honest, if I were traveling to some place in Northern Italy easily accessible by train from France, Germany or Austria, I'd much rather fly to one of these countries and take the rest of the trip by train. Italian airports are notorious for luggage thefts and strikes.

Eochaid

When I was a kid and living in Moscow & Kiev (around the time it went from being the USSR to Russia) I flew domestic Aeroflot lines a few times.

From Kiev to Simferopol, the pilots had hookers with them and downed a bit under 1L of vodka each. After landingm they ran off and left us in the MIDDLE of the tarmac, with no directions.

From Moscow to Iekaterinburg, my father and I were given an unwashed, unpeeled, uncut cucumber to share for dinner.

I could list more stuff, but I'd take too long.

Kevin
It's been a while

BVN

Quote from: Eochaid on March 31, 2009, 05:06:35 AM
From Kiev to Simferopol, the pilots had hookers with them and downed a bit under 1L of vodka each. After landingm they ran off and left us in the MIDDLE of the tarmac, with no directions.
:blink:

Quote from: Eochaid on March 31, 2009, 05:06:35 AMFrom Moscow to Iekaterinburg, my father and I were given an unwashed, unpeeled, uncut cucumber to share for dinner.
:lol:

Maladict

:yes:
Simferopol airport is hilarious  :lol:

DGuller

When I was a kid and living in Moscow & Kiev (around the time it went from being the USSR to Russia) I flew domestic Aeroflot lines a few times.

From Moscow to Iekaterinburg, my father and I were given an unwashed, unpeeled, uncut cucumber to share for dinner.

Kevin
At least the pilots didn't let a child fly the plain into the mountain, unlike... oh, crap.

Ed Anger

Quote from: vinraith on March 30, 2009, 08:01:35 PM
Wow. Note to self: avoid Italy at all costs.

Milan was fun. But then again, my interaction with Italian government and transportation workers was limited.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

From Kiev to Simferopol, the pilots had hookers with them and downed a bit under 1L of vodka each.

Best airline ever.  But they should have shared with the passengers.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on March 31, 2009, 08:35:05 AM

Kevin
At least the pilots didn't let a child fly the plain into the mountain, unlike... oh, crap.

Heh, they had an episode of Seconds from Disaster on that incident. Unbelievable.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on March 31, 2009, 04:57:39 AM
To be honest, if I were traveling to some place in Northern Italy easily accessible by train from France, Germany or Austria, I'd much rather fly to one of these countries and take the rest of the trip by train. Italian airports are notorious for luggage thefts and strikes.

Never experienced that, but Fiumicino (Rome's airport) is the crappiest, filthiest airport I've ever been in.  It reminded me of a crappy Green Line T station in Boston. :x
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on March 31, 2009, 09:03:45 AMHeh, they had an episode of Seconds from Disaster on that incident. Unbelievable.

:yes:  Biggest airline EPIC FAIL in history.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points