Samsung Omnia™
1 (33.3%)
BlackBerry® Pearl™ Flip 8230 smartphone
0 (0%)
BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition Smartphone
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Darth Wagtaros

Verizon is having a sale. My Moto is getting kinda scuffed and the battery is dying.  The HTC Ozone or the Pearl would be cheaper than replacing the scuffed screen and the dying battery.

I don't like paying a lot for the phone.  Any suggestions from the above list?
PDH!

derspiess

If you're on Verizon, I strongly suggest the Droid or Droid Eris.  You're cheating yourself if you don't get one of their Android phones.

Blackberry is great for email but its OS, along with WinMo, has fallen behind.  Android, iPhone, and WebOS (Palm Pre) are way ahead of all the other smartphone OSes right now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Blackberry is fine, and in this binary choice is the way to go.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, Windows Mobile blows.  Check out the Android phones like Spiess mentioned, or if it's not possible due to price or you just don't like it or whatever, go with a Blackberry.

Although isn't the Pearl the one with the weird keyboard with two letters per key, etc?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on November 29, 2009, 12:16:43 AM
Blackberry is fine, and in this binary choice is the way to go.

Your restraint is laudable.   :P

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 29, 2009, 02:43:17 AM
Yeah, Windows Mobile blows.  Check out the Android phones like Spiess mentioned, or if it's not possible due to price or you just don't like it or whatever, go with a Blackberry.

Although isn't the Pearl the one with the weird keyboard with two letters per key, etc?

Yep.  I know a few people who have Pearls, and all of them are women over 50.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

Well I'm bound by the sale Verizon is having.  I'd like an Android but I don't wanna spend a lot of money on a a phone.
PDH!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 29, 2009, 05:08:34 PM
Well I'm bound by the sale Verizon is having.  I'd like an Android but I don't wanna spend a lot of money on a a phone.

What deals are they having on those other phones?  IIRC the Droid Eris is $99, at least for new subscribers.

Slargos

What's the deal with Android anyway? Is it enough of a plus to get one despite having to compromise on hardware specs?

I've been suffering internal torment in my choice between Nokia N97 and the new iphone and adding android to the mix may make my head explode and I might simply have to stay with my antiquated model that doesn't have polyphonic ringtones.  :Embarrass: