News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dubai debt plea sends fear around world

Started by jimmy olsen, November 27, 2009, 04:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on November 29, 2009, 09:58:25 PM
I keep telling you, I wasn't in the mood.

I though it was: "I just want you to know that this never happens to me. I mean really, this never happens."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

"It's not me, you're just not that attractive."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on November 29, 2009, 10:02:09 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 29, 2009, 09:58:25 PM
I keep telling you, I wasn't in the mood.

I though it was: "I just want you to know that this never happens to me. I mean really, this never happens."
That too.  It takes a lot to kill my mood.

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2009, 07:18:41 PM
You know, it strikes me as somewhat counter productive to root for a middle east economy that is working towards modernization to fail.  But hey, maybe they can all go to Switzerland and erect illegal minarets.

Modernizing and diversifying their economy is a great thing for them to do. Wasting hundreds of millions in vanity projects that are utterly unsustainable is folly and a sign of hubris. All while keeping a medieval law system incompatible with the XXIst century, totalitarian government structure, and a basically slave-like chaste to do the real work, which isn't really a nice thing to do.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Larch

Quote from: Warspite on November 30, 2009, 09:55:15 AM
The UAE isn't totalitarian.

Wrong choice of words, sorry. I'll swap that for absolutistic or authoritarian.