News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you pay a premium price for...

Started by Pedrito, November 24, 2009, 10:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you pay a premium price for "beyond organic" meat, poultry and produce?

Organic buyer / YES
9 (20%)
Organic buyer / NO
6 (13.3%)
Non-organic buyer / YES
2 (4.4%)
Non organic buyer /NO
26 (57.8%)
I live of hamburgers flipped by illegal aliens
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Sheilbh

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 24, 2009, 01:21:30 PMAlso, anyone who says there is no difference between free range eggs and normal industrial eggs has simply not looked at them side by side.  the colour, texture and taste are completely different.  Also, Brazen is simply wrong.  Free range eggs have much more nutritional value as does grass fed beef.
Yeah.  Eggs is a real biggy.  I don't eat many eggs and the costs not that much different so I've no problem only eating free range.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 24, 2009, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 24, 2009, 01:21:30 PMAlso, anyone who says there is no difference between free range eggs and normal industrial eggs has simply not looked at them side by side.  the colour, texture and taste are completely different.  Also, Brazen is simply wrong.  Free range eggs have much more nutritional value as does grass fed beef.
Yeah.  Eggs is a real biggy.  I don't eat many eggs and the costs not that much different so I've no problem only eating free range.

Putting an industrial egg next to a free range one really shames the former. Pale yellow yolk doesn't really stand a chance against bright orange yolk.

DGuller

Quote from: The Larch on November 24, 2009, 01:26:06 PM
Italy is a country that takes its food VERY seriously.
Italy also has a very ruthless mafia.  Yet, despite those two things, Olive Garden still exists.  Why, oh why?

The Larch

Quote from: DGuller on November 24, 2009, 01:45:32 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 24, 2009, 01:26:06 PM
Italy is a country that takes its food VERY seriously.
Italy also has a very ruthless mafia.  Yet, despite those two things, Olive Garden still exists.  Why, oh why?

Obviously they:

a) Have never heard about it.
b) Are the ones running it.  :ph34r:

Fate

Hell no.

There is no good evidence that consumption of organic food is beneficial to health in relation to nutrient content. Organic farming in general is a wasteful Western fetish that consumes more energy, water, and land than standard agriculture practices.

MadImmortalMan

Just make sure you cook your organic meat thoroughly.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

I just hope that the vegetables at the local grocery store aren't wilted before they even hit the shelves.  Fancy organic, free range products aren't exactly available north of 60. - unless you hunt it yourself.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 24, 2009, 02:31:51 PM

I'm set there. Well done bitches!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 24, 2009, 02:42:48 PM

Great, turning organic meat into synthetic rubber.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on November 24, 2009, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 24, 2009, 02:42:48 PM

Great, turning organic meat into synthetic rubber.

delicious, non-contaminated rubber. mmmmmmmm.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Actually there is a lot less reason to do so then with feed lot beef.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 24, 2009, 02:38:09 PM
I just hope that the vegetables at the local grocery store aren't wilted before they even hit the shelves.  Fancy organic, free range products aren't exactly available north of 60. - unless you hunt it yourself.

Some of the best organic ranches are north of Prince George.  Not sure why you cant get the best organic beef.  Do they have to fly it in. :P

Razgovory

I'm not concerned about the welfare of the cow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

I would. I wish they had free range chickens in Polish supermarkets.

To be honest, I don't quite get the hostility/opposition to paying more for higher quality food. We pay more for better tvs or shoes, so surely stuff we put into our own bodies is more important than that?

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2009, 04:45:14 PM
I would. I wish they had free range chickens in Polish supermarkets.

Wouldn't they get in the way of the carts and make a horrible mess?