And we're back!

Main Menu

Molson M, who tried it?

Started by viper37, November 23, 2009, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on November 24, 2009, 01:29:41 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 24, 2009, 11:28:57 AM
I'm a fan of the Golden, not so much the Canadian.  Labatt 50 is my favorite reasonably cheap Canadian beer available in the States.  :Canuck:

Nobody outside of PQ in Canada drinks 50. :blech:

50 is an old man's beer in rural Ontario. What "Black Label" used to be.

in UNI, we used to drink 50 for ironical purposes.
humans were created in their own image

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: saskganesh on November 24, 2009, 04:56:14 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on November 24, 2009, 01:29:41 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 24, 2009, 11:28:57 AM
I'm a fan of the Golden, not so much the Canadian.  Labatt 50 is my favorite reasonably cheap Canadian beer available in the States.  :Canuck:

Nobody outside of PQ in Canada drinks 50. :blech:

I like it, though it is a little "rough"; like a Canadian version of Ballantine Ale.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

Is this about that Swedish guy in Indonesia?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

You're about my age. Remember when Black Label made a huge comeback, probably in 1987 or so, and was a hit on campuses everywhere?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on November 24, 2009, 01:00:13 PMI'll have a Fin du Monde or Trois-Pistoles to get a real different taste.

Fine beers both.

For my part, if I'm to drink generic lager I'm fine with either a local and cheap Kokanee.  If it has to be "imported" I'll grab a Carlsberg or Tuborg for silly nationalist reasons (thought they started doing Carlsberg in those shitty light green bottles) or Asahi at the sushi restaurant if they don't have Kokanee.

Barrister

Some buddies of mine drank it for the same reason.  That, and Pilsner (count the bunnies!).

For me I've stuck with Blue for at least a dozen years.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

Quote from: Barrister on November 24, 2009, 08:43:54 PM

Some buddies of mine drank it for the same reason.  That, and Pilsner (count the bunnies!).

BLU?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Sophie Scholl

Labatt Blue.  Do they have that where you are Jaron?  I know it was almost unheard of in Atlanta.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on November 24, 2009, 09:09:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 24, 2009, 08:43:54 PM

BLU?

QuoteIn 1951, Labatt launched its Pilsener Lager; when it was introduced in Manitoba, the beer was nicknamed "Blue" for the colour of its label and the company's support of Winnipeg's Canadian Football League (CFL) franchise, the Blue Bombers. The nickname stuck and in 1979 Labatt Blue claimed top spot in the Canadian beer market. It lost this status in the late eighties to Molson Canadian, but over the next decade, periodically regained top spot as consumer preferences fluctuated. In 2004, Budweiser took the top spot, pushing Blue to third for the first time in twenty-five years.[1][2] However, Labatt Blue remains the best selling Canadian beer in the world based upon worldwide sales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labatt_Brewing_Company
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

I think I haven't seen that in stores. I don't pay close attention to the beer section, I could be wrong.

I much prefer mixed drinks. My favorite is called a Lemon drop.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Jaron