News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Molson M, who tried it?

Started by viper37, November 23, 2009, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I haven't noticed it in stores yet, but it should have been available since last week.
http://www.molsonm.com/

Anybody got one?  Curious minds wants to know :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lucidor

A "microcarbonated" beer with CO2 put in afterwards? CAMRA would start a firebombing campaign!

Josephus

It's Molsons, so I would take the word 'micro' loosely. Not a fan of their beers, though I'll drink Canadian in a pinch. As a beer connaisseur, though, I will taste it when it is out.

Anyone else understand the reason for the birth date at the beginning of that site? I guess it's a legal thing...but duh.....how hard can it be for a fifteen year old to figure out. He's figured out how to get on pron sites already.

I'm reminded, I know I'm digressing now, bear with me, of the age test at the beginning of the Leisure Suit Larry games. Remember those? (Remembering that is an age test in and of itself)

Anyways....I should be getting back to work.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Did they pay you to post that link?

I imagine it'll taste like all the other generic lagers out there, to be honest.  Not that I mind generic lagers.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on November 23, 2009, 05:25:24 PM
I guess it's a legal thing...but duh.....how hard can it be for a fifteen year old to figure out. He's figured out how to get on pron sites already.

Yes, that pops up on a lot of sites now. I would guess that it is a legal, cover our asses, type thing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

citizen k

Quote from: viper37 on November 23, 2009, 04:37:14 PM
I haven't noticed it in stores yet, but it should have been available since last week.
http://www.molsonm.com/

Anybody got one?  Curious minds wants to know :D

http://ratebeer.com/beer/molson-m/113306/

QuoteCanette de 710 ml achetée chez Marché Chamard (Répentigny, QC). Arôme: Très subtile odeur de céréales et de fruité. Apparence: La couleur est blonde pâle avec une faible densité de bulle. Présence d'un moyen col mousseux et d'une large dentelle sur le verre. Saveur: Léger goût de céréales. Durée moyenne de l'arrière goût. Palette: Le corps est moyen avec une texture crémeuse. Faible effervescence en bouche. Arrière goût très légèrement fruité.

QuoteI have been waiting months to post this review! I got a 6-pack as part of a test market this summer. Half of the questions had to do with whether I would pay more for this than Canadian and the best package size. I was going to share a couple of bottles but to get my pay I was supposed to drink all 6. It was a cool idea at the start but I did not look forward to the last two. To answer the inevitable question the carbonation bubbles were tiny....so what! In a blind taste test I don't think anyone would comment on tasting bubbles and could not distinguish from Canadian when cold. It is a little smoother than Canadian and less fusal as it warms. Other than that yellow/gold, tiny bubbles, thin head, aroma a bit grain and corn. A fad soon to be forgotten and Molson's effort to make their beer hip and cool at the upscale bar or night club. Unfortunately a Coors version will probably follow. Makes the new Bud Light Golden Wheat a good idea.

derspiess

I remember back I'm the good old days (mid-90's) I used to get a 6-pack of any Molson variety for $3.79.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

I'm a fan of the Golden, not so much the Canadian.  Labatt 50 is my favorite reasonably cheap Canadian beer available in the States.  :Canuck:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Grey Fox

It's Molsons, so I would take the word 'micro' loosely. Not a fan of their beers, though I'll drink Canadian in a pinch. As a beer connaisseur, though, I will taste it when it is out.

Anyone else understand the reason for the birth date at the beginning of that site? I guess it's a legal thing...but duh.....how hard can it be for a fifteen year old to figure out. He's figured out how to get on pron sites already.

I'm reminded, I know I'm digressing now, bear with me, of the age test at the beginning of the Leisure Suit Larry games. Remember those? (Remembering that is an age test in and of itself)

Anyways....I should be getting back to work.

Market research.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Legal requirements, like some games.

I know I'm digressing now, bear with me, of the age test at the beginning of the Leisure Suit Larry games. Remember those? (Remembering that is an age test in and of itself)
Yeah, I do remember.  Quite american-centric, IIRC.  It was tough for us, french speaking 12 year olds :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on November 23, 2009, 05:46:41 PM
Did they pay you to post that link?
I wish they did.  But I heard the ad on radio, and was wondering.

I imagine it'll taste like all the other generic lagers out there, to be honest.  Not that I mind generic lagers.
Well, I quite like Molson Dry for most of the time; If I feel like I want something stronger, I'll have a Fin du Monde or Trois-Pistoles to get a real different taste.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 24, 2009, 11:28:57 AM
I'm a fan of the Golden, not so much the Canadian.  Labatt 50 is my favorite reasonably cheap Canadian beer available in the States.  :Canuck:

Nobody outside of PQ in Canada drinks 50. :blech:
:p

Grey Fox

Laurentide at room temperature.

Now that's a great "I'm on a camping trip" beer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on November 24, 2009, 01:00:13 PM
Fin du Monde

:thumbsup:  Maudite is also great.  In fact, everything made by Unibroue is great.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall