News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What Will Aliens Look Like?

Started by Queequeg, November 23, 2009, 01:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2009, 08:00:15 AM
Depends.  The good ones will look like insects or spiders or something.  The good ones mostly humanish.
I think we have discovered your problem.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2009, 08:05:56 AM
That I'm insane?

That you can't tell the difference between humans and spiders.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Don't be such a stick in the mud. It's a thread on what aliens would like. That picture is highly appropriate for such a thread.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Know what would be cool? A non-suck movie adaptation of ARMOR.
PDH!

ulmont

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 23, 2009, 09:14:58 AM
Know what would be cool? A non-suck movie adaptation of ARMOR.

Yeah, but that'll never happen.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 23, 2009, 09:11:02 AM
Don't be such a stick in the mud. It's a thread on what aliens would like. That picture is highly appropriate for such a thread.

I linked you to that site.  But I forgot what it was.

Neil

Not at all.  An alien wouldn't look like that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

That alien thing needs to start using cover.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

field research indicates that they look like this:

humans were created in their own image

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on November 23, 2009, 09:47:10 AM
Why not?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 23, 2009, 11:05:57 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 23, 2009, 09:47:10 AM
Why not?
Legs are wrong.  Exoskeleton is extremely unlikely.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.