News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

languish meet in Italy : 7 - 11 May

Started by Richard Hakluyt, March 30, 2009, 02:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am sorry katmai, no groin-kicking happened, altough BB did make us climb a huge-ass hill, if that counts. :P

Pedrito, we went to Asolo on Saturday, yes, then some other place 25kms from it, named Mar-something, I could not memorize the name for more than a few seconds. :P It was the place where they do those bi-yearly human chess games.

Which reminds me: Italian parking tickets. In Asolo, we had to roam the streets looking for a shop which sells them. You could tell our majority were anglo-saxon because we actually did, a group of Hungarians would had realized they would be Fighting Teh System by not paying and just ignoring the check with the fine they would receive. And in that other town, our combined brainpower was not sufficient enough to figure out how the parking ticket machine works. So we did not buy any.

I can upload some pics (maybe only from Berlin tonight or tomorrow), but I think the guys would prefer them to stay in TBR, so hereby I convince Katmai to let you in. If he won't, I'll just PM you direct links.

Pedrito

The place is called Marostica, nice castle there;
about the parking tickets: I like the idea of the new HPTP (Hungarian Parking Dissidents Party)  :lol:

QuoteI think the guys would prefer them to stay in TBR, so hereby I convince Katmai to let you in
that would be cool, thanks  :cool:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Tricky Dick's steam powered monstrusity must have finally broken down, as he didn't bother to call me yesterday when I was around there. Either that or the bastard forgot to call me.  :cry:

Tamas

I remember the guys discussing you, so it had to be a cellphone issue. For a bunch of first worlders, they sure ignore that particural area of technological advance, btw. :P

Brazen

When I'm not there, no-one has a functional mobile phone or a watch  <_<

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Tamas

The hotel I am staying at in Berlin asks for like one goat for each 5 minutes of Internet access, so probably no pics until end of this week.

Richard Hakluyt

Back home now, pretty tired after my exertions  :)

As Tamas remarked, Pedrito made an excellent host, pity he was only with us for 24 hours though.

@the larch, we didn't forget you, but the lack of mobile phones was a problem with getting in touch. I'd also put your number on a post-it which I stuck in my guidebook. The guidebook that either the barristers now have or is lost. They left us at about 1900 on sunday, at which point we forgot about you  ;)

Pedrito

Quote from: Brazen on May 12, 2009, 04:31:47 AM
When I'm not there, no-one has a functional mobile phone or a watch  <_<
I had the phone, and in fact was bombed with calls and messages from home, just ask RH how many times my phone rang <_<
I have to keep up with my "living italian stereotype" image  ;)
L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

DontSayBanana

You guys (especially Tamas) need to learn to use your cell phones as tethered modems. ;)

Love to see pics, but evidently Kat and Jake have decided I'm not cool enough for TBR anymore. :weep:
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

It's because they are convinced their phone won't work on Continental Europe :rolleyes:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 12, 2009, 05:09:12 PM
It's because they are convinced their phone won't work on Continental Europe :rolleyes:
Godjeebusdammit, what do you think the point of a quad-band phone is, you guys??? :P
Experience bij!

katmai

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 12, 2009, 04:53:19 PM
You guys (especially Tamas) need to learn to use your cell phones as tethered modems. ;)

Love to see pics, but evidently Kat and Jake have decided I'm not cool enough for TBR anymore. :weep:

And you are missing all those cool pics!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Richard Hakluyt

Pedrito was certainly a pretty convincing Italian  :cool:

He started well by drinking a coffee in 0.8 seconds at Mestre railway station, then drove at 100mph most of the way to Cortina whilst holding a cigarette in one hand and fiddling with his mobile with the other. He also talked constantly about food and wine  :P

@Pedrito, my family say many thanks for their presents. What with those, the presents from the Barristers, and the gear I brought back, there was quite a festive air when I got home. There is one problem though, somewhere along the line my "Oh Noes! It's Languish!" t-shirt has gone missing  :cry: