News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

languish meet in Italy : 7 - 11 May

Started by Richard Hakluyt, March 30, 2009, 02:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 12, 2009, 04:53:19 PM
Love to see pics, but evidently Kat and Jake have decided I'm not cool enough for TBR anymore. :weep:

I suppose we should be happy for the reality check at least.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pedrito

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 13, 2009, 12:42:08 AM
Pedrito was certainly a pretty convincing Italian  :cool:

He started well by drinking a coffee in 0.8 seconds at Mestre railway station, then drove at 100mph most of the way to Cortina whilst holding a cigarette in one hand and fiddling with his mobile with the other. He also talked constantly about food and wine  :P

@Pedrito, my family say many thanks for their presents. What with those, the presents from the Barristers, and the gear I brought back, there was quite a festive air when I got home. There is one problem though, somewhere along the line my "Oh Noes! It's Languish!" t-shirt has gone missing  :cry:

You should blame italian wine for the loss of the t-shirt and the travel guide  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 13, 2009, 01:28:35 AM
Love to see pics, but evidently Kat and Jake have decided I'm not cool enough for TBR anymore. :weep:

:huh: I thought all of the original KAPLand regulars were pretty much guaranteed lifetime admission.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

citizen k

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2009, 02:25:18 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 13, 2009, 01:28:35 AM

:huh: I thought all of the original KAPLand regulars were pretty much guaranteed lifetime admission.

Not the case. I've been put on ignore by the "in" crowd for years.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2009, 02:25:18 PM

You thought wrong, when Kap decided to pull plug on his site the discussions with Ank about moving over to Languish sub fora it was decided that to be TBR member one had to have had a minimum of 200 posts at Kapland to get in.

Now if since the unexpected move to here a person lost that said access, well it's not like Neil or I have posted before telling people to PM me for access. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on May 13, 2009, 02:37:47 PM
You thought wrong, when Kap decided to pull plug on his site the discussions with Ank about moving over to Languish sub fora it was decided that to be TBR member one had to have had a minimum of 200 posts at Kapland to get in.

Wow, I wonder what I posted about back then. I don't remember posting all that much.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Interesting... I never knew that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

[Now if since the unexpected move to here a person lost that said access, well it's not like Neil or I have posted before telling people to PM me for access. :rolleyes:

I asked you directly in WoW and have made frownie faces several times when the subject comes up, hook me up already. Pretty please with a cherry on top, as the Wolf would say.

garbon

Sucks to be a name changer (/password forgeter)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Eddie/Peter/Teach/Wiggin is begging too much, do we want him in TBR?

:P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 13, 2009, 03:01:27 PM
Eddie/Peter/Teach/Wiggin is begging too much, do we want him in TBR?

I'm not begging. I'm angry with myself that I have nothing better to do than stick around when I'm unwanted.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

I survived 2 weeks in Italy.

Rich I have your guidebook.

Jetlagged as hell - details to follow eventually.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Pedrito

:w00t:

In the past two weeks I've compulsively read local newspapers to see if there were news about a couple of canadian tourists being robbed/their car stolen/hit by a crazed scooter driver/poisoned by toxic pizza.

Did you enjoy your italian holiday?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

katmai

Quote from: Pedrito on May 22, 2009, 03:10:45 AM
:w00t:

In the past two weeks I've compulsively read local newspapers to see if there were news about a couple of canadian tourists being robbed/their car stolen/hit by a crazed scooter driver/poisoned by toxic pizza.

Jeeze P, they didn't make a great impression on ya? Wishing such ill will on em.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son