The National Rifle Association has a new member...

Started by Caliga, November 17, 2009, 09:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Way to go Caliga! About time, what with your bibles and all, the guns were a natural part of that accoutrement!     ;)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Cal, a Mosin-Nagant will cost you less than a hundred.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2009, 03:25:12 PM

Those are cool since on most guns the little notches some one carves into the stock signify each person the holder of the rifle killed.  With a Mosin each notch signifies each Russian who was killed carrying this particular firearm.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on November 18, 2009, 03:30:52 PM
Aren't those rifles more than a century old?

There were tons of them made in WWII.

Mauser 98K's are cheap to because there are a ton of them out there.

KRonn

Quote from: Razgovory on November 18, 2009, 03:32:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2009, 03:25:12 PM

Those are cool since on most guns the little notches some one carves into the stock signify each person the holder of the rifle killed.  With a Mosin each notch signifies each Russian who was killed carrying this particular firearm.
:unsure:

Ed Anger

Caliga

Nah, the M1 is from WWII or later.  Not sure about the Enfield.  My grandpa gave them to my dad in the late 1950s.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2009, 03:32:56 PM
There were tons of them made in WWII.

Mauser 98K's are cheap to because there are a ton of them out there.
Actually, I kinda want to get an Arisaka 98 because I already have a Model 98 samurai bayonet.  :cool:

Ed Anger

I want that jap LMG with bayonet attached.

japs are funny.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 03:37:55 PM
Nah, the M1 is from WWII or later.  Not sure about the Enfield.  My grandpa gave them to my dad in the late 1950s.

M1 is from 1936 I believe.  Enfield is pre-WWI.  1912 maybe.  Of course the version you probably have seen is one of the many updates.  Some of the Enfields were in American service as the M1917 (and were badly recalibured for American 30.06).  Half the AEF was armed with such weapons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 03:37:55 PM
I was talking about Mosin-Nagant.  Of course M1 is newer, it's not even bolt-action.

Caliga

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 18, 2009, 10:35:33 AM
Trolling Cal:

Quote from: 2nd AmendmentA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Always remember that it's a collective right, not an individual freedom.  Also, note that the right to an armory is placed immediately below the federal requirement that the government provide housing for soldiers. :contract:

That's so two years ago.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers