Mother seeks online help on how to dispose of daughter's body. "Urgent, please!"

Started by Syt, November 16, 2009, 03:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Hot candidate for mother of the year award.

AP: Battered Taiwan toddler's body kept with ice

QuoteTAIPEI — A Taiwanese mother kept the body of her maltreated toddler daughter for four days, cooling it with ice cubes, before going on Yahoo! to ask how to dispose of the corpse, reports said Monday.

Four-year-old Lee Wan-yen had lived with her mother and other relatives in Taipei county and allegedly suffered routine beatings, one of which, by her mother's cousin, may have proved fatal, the Taipei-based Apple Daily reported.

She went to bed Thursday night, complaining of dizziness, and shortly afterwards her mother, 21-year-old Lee Yu-chan, discovered that the girl had died, according to the paper.

Unsure what to do, the unmarried mother allegedly placed ice cubes next to the body, while also seeking to cool it with an electrical fan in the hope of keeping it from decomposing, the paper said.

Sunday morning the young woman went on the Taiwanese version of Yahoo! posting the following question: "How should you proceed with a dead four-year-old child? Urgent, please!"

An Internet user employed in the funeral business saw the posting and urged Lee to contact the police.

After officers arrived, they detained Lee as well as two of her cousins, including the woman who allegedly beat the toddler at the night of her death, the paper said.

WTF is wrong with people?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

Figures she'd go to Yahoo Answers.  The stupidest place on the internet.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 16, 2009, 03:21:32 PM
Figures she'd go to Yahoo Answers.  The stupidest place on the internet.

:lol: A classmate and I were trolling over there this morning.  Our gem of the day: "When you have an abortion, what happens to the baby?"
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2009, 03:16:50 PM
To be fair, if you ask around, you will find that many people don't really know what to do with a 4-year old body.  It's not something they teach you in school, you know?  It doesn't mean that they're stupid.

Sahib

Quote from: DGuller on November 16, 2009, 03:30:41 PM
To be fair, if you ask around, you will find that many people don't really know what to do with a 4-year old body.  It's not something they teach you in school, you know?  It doesn't mean that they're stupid.

Yeah. Not everyone is a cannibal German/Austrian, Syt.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on November 16, 2009, 03:54:56 PM
If she asked here, she'd have gotten practical and useful advice.  ;)
True, but she'd have to wade through a bunch of smartass comments and black humor by some sickos among us.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on November 16, 2009, 03:30:41 PM

Are four year olds even toddlers anymore?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 16, 2009, 04:27:32 PM
Are four year olds even toddlers anymore?

No. A "toddler" usually refers to a kid who is just learning or has just learned to walk - because they literally 'toddle".

A four year old can walk, usually (mine can run, and fast!). Of course this poor girl was being beaten and abused, so who knows?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Well, she's also dead, so I doubt that she walks at all anymore, with or without a "toddle".

Hm.  I see your point about the smartass comments and sicko humor.

KRonn

Call the police you twit, and begin the process of criminal proceedings for you and anyone else who beat this poor child, eventually resulting in death.   :mad:

Grey Fox

Just for the fun of it.

Well, what do you do?

Mainly, if you don't have access to pigs?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2009, 12:43:41 PM
Just for the fun of it.

Well, what do you do?

I guess we can assume no access to sausage-making equipment, either.  ;)

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2009, 12:43:41 PM
Just for the fun of it.

Well, what do you do?

I'd talk to my buddy who works in the cemetery.  He does odds jobs like that for me all the time.