News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lady Thatcher is dead

Started by Josquius, November 13, 2009, 07:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Gups on November 16, 2009, 04:37:19 AM
Case against: Permanently and delibrately ruined UK's industrial base to break unions power (talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater),
Is there any merit to this?  Were any profitable babies thrown out?

citizen k

Quote from: BVN on November 16, 2009, 11:10:24 AM
Point against: in a case of budget cuts she more or less kicked psychiatric patients out of the institutions and onto the streets
Every politician from JFK to Reagan has done that.

Josephus

Quote from: citizen k on November 16, 2009, 05:15:04 PM
Point against: in a case of budget cuts she more or less kicked psychiatric patients out of the institutions and onto the streets

Two wrongs don't make a right...etc.etc.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on November 14, 2009, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 14, 2009, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 13, 2009, 07:39:21 PM
You know, when the real Thatcher dies, she's going to be remembered as the greatest Briton since Churchill.
Wrong.
If people  these days weren't so lazy and were perhaps a bit meaner there would be street parties at the news.

I agree.

Trouble is the only people who would throw a street party are under 35, and most Brits under 35 don't have a clue who she was....note I said "Most" not "all"

And if they did they would celebrate her for taking Briton out of the economic dark ages and making their current standard of living possible.

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on November 16, 2009, 05:49:11 PM
Quote from: citizen k on November 16, 2009, 05:15:04 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right...etc.etc.
Or, if everyone does it, it can't be wrong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Maximus

Quote from: Neil on November 16, 2009, 07:24:42 PM
Or, if everyone does it, it can't be wrong.
More likely, if everyone does it it can't be right.