News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Edward Woodward

Started by Brazen, November 16, 2009, 07:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Without whom we wouldn't have the jokes:

Q. What do you call a man with three piece of wood on his head?
A. Edward Woodward

Q. Why does Edward Woodward have so many Ds in his name?
A. Otherwise he'd be Ewarwoowar.

merithyn

:o

I loved that guy in The Equalizer!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

grumbler

He'll always be Breaker Morant to me.

RIP, Breaker.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on November 16, 2009, 01:04:10 PM
He'll always be Breaker Morant to me.

RIP, Breaker.

He was Breaker Morant?   :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

:(

I loved Equalizer, from a far more interesting Old New York
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1NiNKwueE
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2009, 01:58:58 PM
:(

I loved Equalizer, from a far more interesting Old New York
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1NiNKwueE
Wow, it the sound crap in that cut, or what?

I didn't like the show The Equalizer much, but the intro music was outstanding and, of course, Woodward was great.

I also like his son, Peter, as an actor.  Seing the two of them together in Crusade was a blast.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!