Yo parents: how to mess up your kids with "good parenting"

Started by Syt, November 14, 2009, 01:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Katmai, according to the Martinus knows everything scale, is a weirdo and deficient.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 17, 2009, 11:59:53 AM
Katmai, according to the Martinus knows everything scale, is a weirdo and deficient.

Don't forget the dreaded "libertarian" which is considerably worse.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

When I was coaching baseball one of the most popular kids in the league was a boy who as homeschooled.  He had the advantage of being finished with his studies early every day so that he could go out and play with the neighbourhood kids whenever they arrived home from school.

KRonn

Poor kids these days... have so much going against them, and that's just from those who are trying to help them, educate and raise them!   :(

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 12:07:48 PM

Damn straight, i can take being called a weirdo and deficient, but not a god damn libertarian!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on November 17, 2009, 06:02:20 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 12:07:48 PM

Damn straight, i can take being called a weirdo and deficient, but not a god damn libertarian!

Katmai likes Rand.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on November 17, 2009, 12:50:22 PM
Poor kids these days... have so much going against them, and that's just from those who are trying to help them, educate and raise them!   :(

:D

As a parent, you get somewhat used to constant hysterical reminders that you are the cause of all social ills, and that anything and everything you do (or fail to do) with your kids makes someone out there think you are Worse Than Hitler(tm).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2009, 06:07:07 PM

As a parent, you get somewhat used to constant hysterical reminders that you are the cause of all social ills, and that anything and everything you do (or fail to do) with your kids makes someone out there think you are Worse Than Hitler(tm).

Wait. Your kid is still little. Once he's old enough to actually do things without you around, it gets worse. Every poor decision he'll make will be the direct result of your parenting/lack thereof.  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 17, 2009, 06:18:02 PM
Once he's old enough to actually do things without you around, it gets worse.

On the bright side though my eldest has started cooking supper for us.  He is very talented in the kitchen and we have had some wonderful meals.

Malthus

Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2009, 06:07:07 PM

Wait. Your kid is still little. Once he's old enough to actually do things without you around, it gets worse. Every poor decision he'll make will be the direct result of your parenting/lack thereof.  :rolleyes:

Heh, I can see that happening.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2009, 06:19:18 PM

On the bright side though my eldest has started cooking supper for us.  He is very talented in the kitchen and we have had some wonderful meals.

I meant the "You're a crap parent because you didn't do things as I think they should have been done" comments. :)

Older kids certainly have their positives. I've yet to find a "favorite" age for my kids. I've loved all of theirs so far.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2009, 06:19:18 PM
Once he's old enough to actually do things without you around, it gets worse.

You let him in the kitchen?? What if he gets into the bleach and cleaners, or starts a fire and gets burned? You're a monster!  :mad:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

Nice, CC.  I learned to cook for me and my brother because my dad travelled all the time and my mom was either in night school, or couldn't be bothered to make us dinner and so told us to "forage" (seriously).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points