Forbes: World's Most Powerful People

Started by jimmy olsen, November 12, 2009, 05:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 12, 2009, 08:10:34 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2009, 07:41:32 PM
Quote11    Pope Benedict XVI   Pope    Roman Catholic Church

The Pope? At 11? That's not even BCS eligible!  :mad:
The pope would be ranked higher if you went to mass and voted for pro-life candidates.  :P
If anything, they've massively overrated the Pope.  Sure, the Pope has the power to run his mouth, but nobody cares what he says anymore.  His followers lack fervency.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 12, 2009, 06:32:23 AM
Quote from: The Larch on November 12, 2009, 06:21:36 AM
That really doesn't fit with their explanation:

Lastly, we insisted that our choices actively use their power. Ingvar Kamprad, the 83-year-old entrepreneur behind Ikea and the richest man in Europe, was an early candidate for this list, but was excluded because he doesn't exercise his power. On the other hand, Russian autocrat Vladimir Putin (No. 3) scored points because he likes to throw his weight around by jailing oligarchs, invading neighboring countries and periodically cutting off Western Europe's supply of natural gas.

Wiki states he's a noted philanthropist who has pledged to donate over $10 billion

He doesn't give his billions to a single cause.  He breaks the money up into small chunks.  That fits his style of not getting noticed too much.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 12, 2009, 05:28:41 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 12, 2009, 04:29:21 PM
Bloomberg demonstrated his prowess by overturning a fundamental restraint on the right to vote for the candidate of one's choosing of the City of New York and getting himself a third vanity term

Fixed,
and thank god for it.

God knows term limits are such a fascist principle in action.   Koch was sufficient.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)