News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fernando Bermudez Declared Innocent

Started by Capetan Mihali, November 13, 2009, 02:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 13, 2009, 11:01:05 AMAnd you just put something like that back in place in Europe- aren't you guys subject to EU laws as well as those of your own countries now?
The EU has no criminal law competences or court system.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on November 13, 2009, 01:49:37 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 13, 2009, 10:26:26 AMAnd last I checked, Karadzic was standing trial in Europe on a criminal charge, and yet not in a Serbian court.
You should check again. He stands trial in the world as the court acts on mandate of the United Nations. It's coincidence that the ICTY is in Europe.

How does that contradict what MM said?  He just said 'standing trial in Europe... yet not in a Serbian court'.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

Quote from: Barrister on November 13, 2009, 01:52:41 PMHow does that contradict what MM said?  He just said 'standing trial in Europe... yet not in a Serbian court'.
His post quoted Marty's "In Europe we have got rid of that kind of stuff some time in middle ages." so I interpreted his reference to Europe as a counter-argument to Marty's original claim. Otherwise, MM mentioning Europe in that context would be pointless.