And we're back!

Main Menu

John Allen Muhammad executed

Started by Weatherman, November 10, 2009, 09:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on November 12, 2009, 03:24:16 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 12, 2009, 02:55:51 PM
I still remember the Beltway sniper pretty well; I can't remember if this happened prior to the original exodus from the Paradox forums but I definitely have vague memories of talking about it on some online forum at the time--it was fairly notable to residents of No.Va. and people like me that commute into the D.C. metro area every day.
One of the women killed (the FBI agent) was shot about ten minutes after I was in the very spot where she was killed.  Kinda creepy, as Malvo and Muhammed might have been there when i was.
Yeah, that is pretty damned creepy.    :o

Capetan Mihali

The Beltway sniper crisis and the Moscow theater crisis form a distinct moment in my memory.    I wonder if they were actually taking place at the same time...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 12, 2009, 02:55:51 PM
I still remember the Beltway sniper pretty well; I can't remember if this happened prior to the original exodus from the Paradox forums but I definitely have vague memories of talking about it on some online forum at the time--it was fairly notable to residents of No.Va. and people like me that commute into the D.C. metro area every day.

2002, I was a junior in HS and had started driving. It was before the Iraq war, so before the Languish migration.

One of the shootings, at Spotsy mall, was at a place I went to kinda often. The Fredericskburg gas station wasn't one I frequented, but was fairly close to my home.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DontSayBanana

There were some pretty strong opinions on this in my business law class- the woman who sits next to me moved up from there and was in the parking lot where one of the shootings happened about forty-five minutes after it happened.
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2009, 10:01:05 AM
Quote from: KRonn on November 12, 2009, 09:01:33 AM
This guy and his accomplice were monsters,cowards and killers. They killed a lot of people and terrorized the region, nation, with these senseless murders. Did they ever give their reasons why they just started killing random people? All races, jobs, etc. Not that their reasons really matter.

Muhammad's plan was to kill a huge number of white people and make everyone really really scared.  On his hit list were things like "kill a pregnant woman by shooting her in the stomach", "kill a Baltimore police officer (now you know why CdM retired)", "throw bombs into the policeman's funeral".  Then he was going to ask for a ransom of TEN MEEEEEELION DOLLARS and use the money to set up a black youth commune in Canada from which young black Muslim terrorists could be trained to spread chaos and panic in the United States.  I dunno, I guess his ultimate goal was to take over the country or something.  Also, he was going to kill his ex-wife amid the chaos (making it look like a random sniper attack) and kidnap his kids who would join him on his crusade.

All of this is according to Malvo, so Malvo may be lying and/or Muhammad may have lied to him about his intentions.
The first two on that list are plausible, but throw bombs into the police man's funeral!? How the hell did he plan on getting out alive? :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 12, 2009, 08:14:37 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2009, 10:01:05 AM
Quote from: KRonn on November 12, 2009, 09:01:33 AM
This guy and his accomplice were monsters,cowards and killers. They killed a lot of people and terrorized the region, nation, with these senseless murders. Did they ever give their reasons why they just started killing random people? All races, jobs, etc. Not that their reasons really matter.

Muhammad's plan was to kill a huge number of white people and make everyone really really scared.  On his hit list were things like "kill a pregnant woman by shooting her in the stomach", "kill a Baltimore police officer (now you know why CdM retired)", "throw bombs into the policeman's funeral".  Then he was going to ask for a ransom of TEN MEEEEEELION DOLLARS and use the money to set up a black youth commune in Canada from which young black Muslim terrorists could be trained to spread chaos and panic in the United States.  I dunno, I guess his ultimate goal was to take over the country or something.  Also, he was going to kill his ex-wife amid the chaos (making it look like a random sniper attack) and kidnap his kids who would join him on his crusade.

All of this is according to Malvo, so Malvo may be lying and/or Muhammad may have lied to him about his intentions.
The first two on that list are plausible, but throw bombs into the police man's funeral!? How the hell did he plan on getting out alive? :lol:
The Joker did it.
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 12, 2009, 08:14:37 PM
Allah would have protected his black ass from the white devils.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points