South's declining relevence on the federal level

Started by Lettow77, November 11, 2009, 11:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on November 13, 2009, 04:10:29 PM
I don't think you can even grasp what I am asking for, though.
As usual, grumbler goes straight to ad homs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

I think it's funny that so many people seem to be trying to conduct a reasoned discussion with someone like lettow. Internet is amazing.  :lol:

Martinus

Oh and btw, only individuals have rights. States, governments, churches, townships, school boards, port authorities, city police bodies etc. have powers.

Martinus

A serious question to lettow: could you change your avatar, please? Of all the pictures of girls available on the net, you had to pick one that shows a fugly fat girl with a lousy haircut and an expression of a mentally challenged hamster? For shame.  :rolleyes:

Admiral Yi

I think it's his girl friend you fucking retard.

katmai

Marcin is just jealous as henhas to pay to get and affection :console:

edit: lol Marvin, damn iPhone predictive text.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

Im rather fond of how the missus looks, actually. :)

And the avatar was a shift away from political stuff. its not all I am, you know.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on November 13, 2009, 06:46:17 PM
Oh and btw, only individuals have rights. States, governments, churches, townships, school boards, port authorities, city police bodies etc. have powers.
I am a government and a church, and yet I have rights.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2009, 07:35:42 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2009, 06:52:40 PM
I think it's his girl friend you fucking retard.
I'm guessing that he knew that. :mellow:
Yep.  Then again, if I looked like Martinus, I wouldn't be ragging on how anybody else looks.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on November 13, 2009, 07:37:14 PM
Yep.  Then again, if I looked like Martinus, I wouldn't be ragging on how anybody else looks.

Fair -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2009, 04:11:29 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 13, 2009, 04:10:29 PM
Nevermind. I see you are not interested in reading my question for comprehension, but prefer to repeat erroneous bullshit even if it is unrelated to the question.

Well duh, it was humorous banter about those naughty Americans.
Oh.  :Embarrass:

Perhaps you are right.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on November 13, 2009, 05:12:24 PM
You are confusing de facto control with de jure sovereignty.  :)
De jure sovereignty come with international recognition, which occurred in 1777. :)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: ulmont on November 13, 2009, 05:06:48 PM
That gives the States the following rights:

1) Not to have their geographic borders rearranged without their consent;
2) Not to be invaded or have a republican form of government replaced; and
3) Not to be sued in federal court by a non-State citizen [interpreted to generally codify sovereign immunity for states].
Nope.  These are limits on Federal and individual powers.  Rights exist independent of Constitutions.  The "right" to secede is, in Constitutional terms, far more realistically a "right" than is the "right" not to have borders altered without consent from the state legislature.

Bayraktar!