What flavors go best with dark or milk chocolate and butter toffee?

Started by merithyn, November 10, 2009, 10:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What flavor would you most prefer with dark chocolate and butter toffee?

orange
raspberry
cinnamon
peppermint
coffee
chili pepper
rum
other - please explain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I dislike toffee, but if you must make it, cinnamon toffee sounds interesting.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on November 11, 2009, 05:30:53 AM
Mint is the most "posh" one, I think - it gives a unique taste so pick it if you want to show off to your guests/customers.

Personally, I'd go for cinnamon or coffee, because these are my favorite flavors to go with dark chocolate. I am not a big fan of combining dark chocolate and fruit tastes, but it's just my personal preference.

Edit: I haven't tried yet dark chocolate and chili. I planned to get it many times but never had enough courage - I fear it may taste like crap. :P

Unfortunately, while mint goes spectacularly with dark chocolate, it is truly awful with butter toffee. Something about the butter with the mint.  :x

I haven't tried the chili, either. Like you, I'm too skeered to try. :ph34r:

Well, we went with the butter rum toffee and the cinnamon. I've no idea how they taste yet, though. I'll know tomorrow, when we coat them. Should be interesting. We're also going with white chocoate with butter toffee.

Caliga

Dark chocolate and chili is strange, but oddly satisfying.  You guys realize this is kinda how the indigenous Mexicans consumed it, right?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2009, 08:42:44 AM
Dark chocolate and chili is strange, but oddly satisfying.  You guys realize this is kinda how the indigenous Mexicans consumed it, right?

:yes: Cinnamon and nutmeg aren't that uncommon in chili recipes, so where's the harm in chocolate along with it?  Anyway, it also depends how strongly you use the chili.  It can be used to just give the chocolate a bit of zest.
Experience bij!