What flavors go best with dark or milk chocolate and butter toffee?

Started by merithyn, November 10, 2009, 10:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What flavor would you most prefer with dark chocolate and butter toffee?

orange
raspberry
cinnamon
peppermint
coffee
chili pepper
rum
other - please explain

merithyn

Tomorrow we start making our holiday flavored toffees. I have my preferences and my partner has hers. Now, what's Languish's?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Ah, so you're actually starting a toffee business.

To answer the question, I don't like dark chocolate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Not starting; building on what was already there.

My partner/boss started the business seven years ago. She's now at a point where she really has to build it up to meet demand. I'm her first minion.  :menace: Though, technically, I'm sort of a partner, since I have stock in the company.

And we have milk chocolate, too. I suppose you could vote using that, instead. I just prefer dark. :D

merithyn

Sophie Scholl

As in all together in 1 or as in 3 separate pieces packaged together?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

Orange, mint, and coffee all work.  I recently went to a place that sells dark chocolate infused with all sorts of Chinese tea flavours.  Excellent. 

Martinus

Mint is the most "posh" one, I think - it gives a unique taste so pick it if you want to show off to your guests/customers.

Personally, I'd go for cinnamon or coffee, because these are my favorite flavors to go with dark chocolate. I am not a big fan of combining dark chocolate and fruit tastes, but it's just my personal preference.

Edit: I haven't tried yet dark chocolate and chili. I planned to get it many times but never had enough courage - I fear it may taste like crap. :P

Monoriu

No worried Martinus.  I've tried dark chocolate mixed with chili.  It sucks big time. 

syk

The Larch

Orange, preferably blood orange, although that's a bit more difficult to get.

Martinus

As for rum, I think it (as well as other liquors) works best with chocolate when used as a liquid filling. As a flavoring, though, not so much, as they sweeten the whole thing too much, in my opinion and do not contribute that much to the flavor otherwise.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.