Economist says Alaska is money pit, should have been sold to UK/Canada instead.

Started by katmai, November 10, 2009, 07:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

crazy canuck

Without Alaska, Sarah Palin would not have developed any foriegn affairs experience.  You can't see Russia from anywhere else in the US of A you know.

grumbler

Quote from: KRonn on November 12, 2009, 02:21:00 PM
I bet the author is just a racist, and anti-Inuit!   ;)
Well, anyone who has tried to use their software is gonna be anti-Inuit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

Should we Auction off Alaska to try and recover some investment money?

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on November 12, 2009, 02:52:32 PM
Quote from: KRonn on November 12, 2009, 02:21:00 PM
I bet the author is just a racist, and anti-Inuit!   ;)
Well, anyone who has tried to use their software is gonna be anti-Inuit.
Ba-ding!   :lol:

The Brain

:huh: I thought the Treaty of Tortillas between Jaron and katmai gave Alaska to katmai.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

I've been dealing with a Lithuanian girl recently who was educated in the Soviet Union.  She was shocked to discover that Alaska wasn't leased for 99 years like Hong Kong.  Of course, she just chalked it up to yet another Russian lie.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on November 13, 2009, 07:44:46 PM
I've been dealing with a Lithuanian girl recently who was educated in the Soviet Union.  She was shocked to discover that Alaska wasn't leased for 99 years like Hong Kong.  Of course, she just chalked it up to yet another Russian lie.
I've never heard that one myself, but apparently a lot of Soviet immigrants in my junior high school social studies class did think that.