News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Flight of the Conchords

Started by The Larch, November 09, 2009, 07:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

So, has any of you heard of them? Does anyone follow the HBO series? For the ones that have never seen it, it's a zany musical comedy about a duo (of the same name, that exists for real, billing themselves as "Formerly New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo") that struggles to find success in NY.

In every episode they feature their own songs, as part of the argument. For instance, here are the songs played in the first episode:

The most beautiful girl (in the room): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7_M1vlLdTo

Robots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1BdQcJ2ZYY

I'm not crying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64a_1fWTsls

Warspite

It's brilliant.

Too many dicks on the dancefloor. Genius.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Korea

Someone showed me business time about a year ago and I was in love. They are hilarious.
I want my mother fucking points!

PRC

Yeah, there is some good funny stuff out of those guys.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Its good, liked it since the radio show
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

The nerdier of the two was pretty funny in that movie about getting revenge on the highschool bully.

Korea

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2009, 04:16:29 PM
The nerdier of the two was pretty funny in that movie about getting revenge on the highschool bully.

Eagle vs Shark!

I kept meaning to watch that movie while it was instant watchable on netflix and now it isn't anymore. :(

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Korea on November 09, 2009, 05:23:27 PM

Eagle vs Shark!

I kept meaning to watch that movie while it was instant watchable on netflix and now it isn't anymore. :(

I hate how they take some movies out of rotation like that.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Korea

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 09, 2009, 06:36:54 PM
Quote from: Korea on November 09, 2009, 05:23:27 PM

Eagle vs Shark!

I hate how they take some movies out of rotation like that.

Yeah it really pissed me off when I finally found the time to have a LoTRs marathon because they're on instant watch and now all I can see is the shitty 3rd one.  <_< <_< <_<