I'm tired of fixing my PC

Started by lustindarkness, November 07, 2009, 11:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

I refuse to ever fix/build another PC. All that work and the stupid hard drive dies on me.  :mad: From now on, cheap "disposable" laptops.  :mad:

I guess I now need to start searching for good deals.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 07, 2009, 11:58:38 AM
From now on, cheap "disposable" laptops.  :mad:

I guess I now need to start searching for good deals.

That's been my policy for several years now.  Post if you find any good deals.

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Threviel on November 07, 2009, 07:48:11 PM
Then why does he buy PC:s?

:huh:  Because he doesn't want an overpriced piece of shit.  I could have sworn I already said that.   :D

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 07, 2009, 07:46:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2009, 12:03:41 PM
http://www.apple.com

You misunderstand.  He doesn't want an overpriced piece of shit.  :)

Actually what he said was:

Quote from: LustindarknessI refuse to ever fix/build another PC.

It sounds like he needs a Mac.  It just works(tm).

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2009, 08:19:19 PM

Except that they're made up of pretty much the same components, which is what he's having a problem with.   Unless the hard drives Apple buys from some other company that "PC" manufacturers also use are somehow immune to failures?

What it sounds like he needs, when he says "cheap disposable laptop," is one of those netbooks, or some budget brand type regular laptop if he needs a bit more juice than a netbook can provide.  Not a $2000 piece of shit with a defective graphics card that only costs that much because it's painted white and comes with dorky logo stickers.   -_-

Iormlund

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 07, 2009, 11:58:38 AM
I refuse to ever fix/build another PC. All that work ...

If you want to cut the time needed to build a computer (or change parts) what you need is a good case (plus it improves airflow and reduces noise). OTOH if you don't play games or use any other tasking software a cheap laptop is a good idea.

lustindarkness

Yeah, all I need it for is the net and some word and excel. I can't play PC games anymore, I don't edit videos or anything that power consuming. So from now on, a basic laptop that if it breaks in a coupke of years I won't mi$$ it when I throw/give it away.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 07, 2009, 09:09:39 PM

Except that they're made up of pretty much the same components, which is what he's having a problem with.   Unless the hard drives Apple buys from some other company that "PC" manufacturers also use are somehow immune to failures?

What it sounds like he needs, when he says "cheap disposable laptop," is one of those netbooks, or some budget brand type regular laptop if he needs a bit more juice than a netbook can provide.  Not a $2000 piece of shit with a defective graphics card that only costs that much because it's painted white and comes with dorky logo stickers.   -_-
Don't forget the hefty price tag on AppleCare telling you they won't cover a repair for a known defective issue because the laptop shows unrelated drop damage. :contract:
Experience bij!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 07, 2009, 09:50:59 PM
Don't forget the hefty price tag on AppleCare telling you they won't cover a repair for a known defective issue because the laptop shows unrelated drop damage. :contract:

That too. :yes:

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 07, 2009, 09:50:59 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 07, 2009, 09:09:39 PM

Don't drop your fucking laptop. :contract:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2009, 01:13:26 AM
Don't drop your fucking laptop. :contract:

They call it accidental drop damage for a reason.  Also, I wasn't the one who did it and screamed for days at the one who did to be more careful.  Also, a "portable" device shouldn't be screwed up by that kind of impact as it would get the same damage from somebody putting it down hard.
Experience bij!