Student Strip Search Goes Before Supreme Court

Started by jimmy olsen, March 28, 2009, 06:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

And only one of my high schhols (and none of my elementary schools) had a full time nurse.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2009, 08:26:42 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 29, 2009, 06:44:17 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 28, 2009, 07:27:50 PM
In my day, we used to bring in whatever we wanted. Hell, in my junior year, I was popping enough aspirin to fight off the headaches the school(I am still convinced the building was trying to kill me) was giving me.

Were the lights there by any chance of the long tube type? I think they're called halogenelamps, or is it neon? Soit, they make a buzzing sound and can appear to be flickering.

Yeah.

figures, they've been known to cause headaches

Fireblade

Quote from: Malthus on March 30, 2009, 01:22:01 PM
I sorta suspect that they were enacted because of the increased use in the '90s of amphetimine type drugs used to treat hyperactivity, such as Ritalin - that stuff wasn't commonly prescribed back in the early '80s. I read that some kids would indeed sell or trade them because when abused, you could get high off them. I suppose a policy of tighter control over such drugs makes some sense.

The thought of handing over one's antibiotics or ibuprofin makes considerably less sense.

:mmm: Adderall