News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Soccer, American Woman Style

Started by alfred russel, November 06, 2009, 03:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

I saw that earlier today. Very vicious. In men's soccer in Europe she would have gone off with a red card after two or three of theses actions. She better gets a 10+ game suspension.

Viking

I blame the referee, he should have gotten control over the game. From my own experience with coaching womens rugby I figured out that girls relish the opportunity to do violence. They love it. Team sports lets them get away with it. Because I'm big they think I don't feel pain, so they feel fully justified in full contact against me when we mix the teams for touch. Then when they have the ball they stick their tits out in full knowledge that I won't touch-tackle them there.

But still, I blame the ref here. He let them get away with it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Savonarola

Did they hire Tonya Harding as head coach?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

MadImmortalMan

This is why Americans suck at soccer. You're not supposed to fight. You're supposed to take a dive any time anyone gets near you.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zanza on November 06, 2009, 03:37:22 PM
I saw that earlier today. Very vicious. In men's soccer in Europe she would have gone off with a red card after two or three of theses actions. She better gets a 10+ game suspension.

QuoteAs a result, New Mexico soccer coach Kit Vela suspended junior defender Elizabeth Lambert indefinitely and is prohibiting her from participating in all team practices, competition and conditioning activities.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

The ref only lets people get away with what the ref doesn't see. You cannot call what you don't see, so at the end of the day there is some level of integrity expected out of the players.

When you get someone like this, who is willing to just try to hurt someone, you ahve to hope the ref catches them at it, but it isn't that hard to do it in a way that makes it hard to catch, especially when it is off the ball.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

I'd like to hope a referee could be a bit pre-emptive and communicate with the players in order to get the to act straight. Cause the referee should be able at least sense the spirit and emotion on the pitch. Sense the bloodlust on each side to put it another way. The ref could have acted, talked to the players, captains or throw away the yellow card and say the next one is red.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on November 06, 2009, 04:07:54 PM
I'd like to hope a referee could be a bit pre-emptive and communicate with the players in order to get the to act straight. Cause the referee should be able at least sense the spirit and emotion on the pitch. Sense the bloodlust on each side to put it another way. The ref could have acted, talked to the players, captains or throw away the yellow card and say the next one is red.

How do you know they didn't do this?

There is only so much preventive stuff you can do - if some douchebag is going to be a douchebag, they are not going to stop because you gave the generic "Lets all just get along and play nice" speech.

You just have to hope you catch them at it. I wonder how many officials they are using on those games?

0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Berkut's Ref apologism makes me SICK. Ref's are Satan's tools.

Berkut

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2009, 04:14:37 PM

:yeah:

I love being the guy who interjects sanity into the idiocy of fans talking about officiating. It just pisses them off so much.

0 rows returned

Ed Anger

:)

As for the amount of Ref's, I'd assume it is 1 plus the two line judges.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on November 06, 2009, 04:16:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2009, 04:14:37 PM

:yeah:

I love being the guy who interjects sanity into the idiocy of fans talking about officiating. It just pisses them off so much.

It must be a pleasant change from your usual posting MO then.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on November 06, 2009, 04:12:22 PM

How do you know they didn't do this?

There is only so much preventive stuff you can do - if some douchebag is going to be a douchebag, they are not going to stop because you gave the generic "Lets all just get along and play nice" speech.

You just have to hope you catch them at it. I wonder how many officials they are using on those games?

Not Rodney King, more like Hannibal Lecter. Threaten to send off the next person to misbehave, or just treat the side cheating unfairly.

But then again Rugby referees are omnipotent on the pitch.

Cecil

They needed "THE MAN" to ref that match.