Zombie
12 (25%)
Other
1 (2.1%)
Jaron
3 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Maximus

Meh, not a big fan of werewolves but at least they're alive. That which is dead should remain inanimate.

Faeelin

Eh, zombies are simply too silly. Wear a thick leather jacket and you'd be untouchable.

Barrister

The question is which monster is cooler.

Since I'm more a fan of the classic monsters, I realized that Boris Karloff (Frankenstein was the reanimated dead, so counts as a zombie) was much cooler than Bela Lugosi, who was cooler than Lon Chaney.

So in coolness, the order is zombies > vampires > werewolves.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2009, 01:44:59 PM

Since I'm more a fan of the classic monsters, I realized that Boris Karloff (Frankenstein was the reanimated dead, so counts as a zombie) was much cooler than Bela Lugosi, who was cooler than Lon Chaney.

Make sure you put the "Jr." after Lon Chaney; otherwise your statement is wrong.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on November 06, 2009, 01:48:04 PM

Make sure you put the "Jr." after Lon Chaney; otherwise your statement is wrong.

Cheerfully noted.

You were the one I was worried was going to violently disagree with my assessment however of which actor was cooler...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I like the medieval myths of werewolves the best (usually a person who makes a pact with the devil).  I dislike all the silly weaknesses for the monsters.  Vampires must be staked in the heart, werewolves must be hit with silver, zombies must be shot in the brain.  Most of these seem kinda silly to me.  Dracula was killed by having his head chopped off with a steel knife.  I really don't understand the zombie one.  Why the brain?  Also I never liked the infectious nature of the attacks on all of them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

You are right about Karloff the though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Vampires, of course.

Eternal youth, emo-ness and hot guys writhing in ecstasy whenever you suck them. What's not to like?

Korea

Quote from: Martinus on November 06, 2009, 02:06:43 PM
Vampires, of course.

Eternal youth, emo-ness and hot guys writhing in ecstasy whenever you suck them. What's not to like?

:mmm:
I want my mother fucking points!

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2009, 01:50:16 PM
Cheerfully noted.

You were the one I was worried was going to violently disagree with my assessment however of which actor was cooler...

Lon Jr. has his moments, (I really like his role in "My Favorite Brunette") but he's clearly not in the same league as Bela Lugosi or Boris Karloff.  I could go either way with Lugosi or Karloff; Bela is obviously more suave, but Boris is far and away the better actor.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Korea

Zombies are way too gross and way too scary. Werewolves are way too hot and way too hairy.

But vampires are cold, sexy, powerful, and immortal.

Syt

Vampires, of course.

I read that as "writing in extacy". :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Korea on November 06, 2009, 02:27:36 PM
Zombies are way too gross and way too scary. Werewolves are way too hot and way too hairy.

Sexy in the in a necrophiliac type of way.

Korea

Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2009, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: Korea on November 06, 2009, 02:27:36 PM

Sexy in the in a necrophiliac type of way.

Mmmhmm. :mmm:

Valmy

Looking eternally young?  Alright.

Being mentally a 15 year old for all eternity?  Lame.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."