Zombie
12 (25%)
Other
1 (2.1%)
Jaron
3 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

syk

I've already liked vampires as a kid. Spooky, yet pitiful creatures with special powers and the hungry predator lurking right under the surface.
The current sissification of the genre is rather sad. I actually read the first Twilight book after someone recommended it to me.  :bleeding: I valiantly sat through it, until the bitter end hoping to find something worth reading.
The vampires I like best are White Wolf's Tzimisce. Kinski as Nosferatu is also hard to beat.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: syk on November 07, 2009, 10:28:58 AM
I've already liked vampires as a kid. Spooky, yet pitiful creatures with special powers and the hungry predator lurking right under the surface.
The current sissification of the genre is rather sad. I actually read the first Twilight book after someone recommended it to me.  :bleeding: I valiantly sat through it, until the bitter end hoping to find something worth reading.
The vampires I like best are White Wolf's Tzimisce. Kinski as Nosferatu is also hard to beat.

I watched Twilight recently. It was so painfully bad I really can't imagine why it has such a cult following. The fact that it has absolutely no plot notwithstanding, the vampires in it are a complete joke. "Oh, I am a superhuman with my only problem being that I look like I had bodyglitter in the direct sunlight". What a travesty. Vampires are cool because they are a tragic mix of superpowers and super-weaknesses. The "Twilight" "vampires" are just some Mary-Sue-ish childish fantasy. Gnnnngh.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on November 08, 2009, 07:34:43 AM

I watched Twilight recently. It was so painfully bad I really can't imagine why it has such a cult following. The fact that it has absolutely no plot notwithstanding, the vampires in it are a complete joke. "Oh, I am a superhuman with my only problem being that I look like I had bodyglitter in the direct sunlight". What a travesty. Vampires are cool because they are a tragic mix of superpowers and super-weaknesses. The "Twilight" "vampires" are just some Mary-Sue-ish childish fantasy. Gnnnngh.

IT IS FOR TEEN GIRLS. Jesus tapdancing Christ.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2009, 07:13:04 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 06, 2009, 07:09:39 PM
Werewolves, I suppose.   I have a few Anne Rice-obsessed gay male friends who staked out vampire territory, and I never got into zombies.  I guess in cod-psychoanalytic terms, zombies are the uncanny, and werewolves are the return of the repressed?

Werewolves are the inevitable response to the post-feminist world, allowing men to recapture their rightful place in the state of nature.  And plenty of doggie-style.
Someone needs to watch Ginger Snaps.

Korea

The books, while still silly, are about a hundred times better than that travesty of a movie. ^_^
I want my mother fucking points!

Queequeg

Quote from: Korea on November 08, 2009, 12:26:10 PM

The books, while still silly, are about a hundred times better than that travesty of a movie. ^_^
The author is a Mormon.  I refuse to believe that.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Korea

Quote from: Queequeg on November 08, 2009, 02:44:59 PM
Quote from: Korea on November 08, 2009, 12:26:10 PM

The author is a Mormon.  I refuse to believe that.

I don't think she's a very good mormon though.
I want my mother fucking points!

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2009, 07:59:44 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 06, 2009, 03:30:06 PM
Zombies are way too gross and way too scary,

Werewolves are way too hot and way too hairy,

A Vampire is cool but he's probably a fairy;

So what's a poor girl to do?

;)
Shack up with an evil rich Jew?

Nice, but I'd change the punctuation as follows:

QuoteZombies are way too gross and way too scary,

Werewolves are way too hot and way too hairy,

A Vampire is cool but he's probably a fairy;

So what's a poor girl to do?

Shack up with an evil rich Jew!

:D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Evil rich Jew? Isn't that kind of like saying a pale, hairy Caucasian?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 08, 2009, 03:35:01 PM
Evil rich Jew? Isn't that kind of like saying a pale, hairy Caucasian?

Hey, we aren't *all* evil and rich ...  :(

Ahh, who am I kidding.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

syk

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2009, 08:26:41 AM

IT IS FOR TEEN GIRLS. Jesus tapdancing Christ.
Vot can you do, didn't say so on the cover and it was the first I heard of it. Sometimes recommendations like that are really cool, like Let The Right One In. Great book, good film adaption, generally the same genre and at the same time on the shelves.

The Larch

It says:

TWILIGHT
The ending we were all looking for

Caliga

:lol:

Actually isn't it "the end we were all hoping for"?  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

I've said for a long time that the only way I'd read or watch Twilight is for Blade or Buffy to show up and exterminate them.
PDH!