And we're back!

Main Menu

Esquire: Vampires are gay

Started by Martinus, November 06, 2009, 06:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2009, 06:52:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 06, 2009, 06:34:07 AM
"Lost Boys"* (and even it was made by a big queer and was filled with homoeroticism).

Just because you thought Jason Patric was hot doesn't mean it was filled with homoeroticism, you douche.*

*Unless you mean any film with the Coreys counts as gay, then you'd be right.

Stand By Me, Bad News Bears and Goonies are decidedly not gay.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

And so vampires have appeared to help America process its newfound acceptance of what so many once thought strange or abnormal. Adam and Steve who live on your corner with their adorable little son and run a bakery? The transgendered man who gave birth to a healthy baby? The teenage girl who wishes that all boys could be vampires? All part of the luscious and terrifying magic of today's sexual revolution. The political consequences are sweeping — Iowa's Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage is further proof of an old wise man's dictum that the United States invariably does the right thing, after first exhausting all the other alternatives — and the cultural impact is just beginning to be felt.

:bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2009, 07:01:40 AM
And so vampires have appeared to help America process its newfound acceptance of what so many once thought strange or abnormal. Adam and Steve who live on your corner with their adorable little son and run a bakery? The transgendered man who gave birth to a healthy baby? The teenage girl who wishes that all boys could be vampires? All part of the luscious and terrifying magic of today's sexual revolution. The political consequences are sweeping — Iowa's Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage is further proof of an old wise man's dictum that the United States invariably does the right thing, after first exhausting all the other alternatives — and the cultural impact is just beginning to be felt.

:bleeding:

No shit.
PDH!

Syt

QuoteThe transgendered man who gave birth to a healthy baby? The teenage girl who wishes that all boys could be vampires?

On second thought that sounds like something very out of Transmetropolitan. I eagerly await cloned human meat to be stocked in my deli.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2009, 06:41:06 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 06, 2009, 06:34:07 AM
That doesn't make sense for a while now, though, since vampires stopped being monsters ever since Ann Rice at least. They are now misunderstood outcasts/anti-heroes - last big vampire movie I remember seeing where vampires were showed as monsters was "Lost Boys"* (and even it was made by a big queer and was filled with homoeroticism).
30 Days of Night.  No fags mincing around in that one making snow angels.

What about John Carpenter's "Vampires"?

How does James Woods shooting spikes with a crossbow rank in the gay/hetero ranking?

And of course there's From Dusk Till Dawn.

The Larch

Just remembered, there's also Van Helsing, a deliciously corny hodgepodge of almost every monster movie you can imagine, and has Kate Beckingsale in a leather corset.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on November 06, 2009, 07:31:22 AM
Just remembered, there's also Van Helsing, a deliciously corny hodgepodge of almost every monster movie you can imagine, and has Kate Beckingsale in a leather corset.

Hod, that movie was horrific. The b/w start was cool, but it kinda draaaaaagged and draaaaaagged ....
—Stephen Jay Gould

Neil

James Woods is king of the heteros.

Also, vampire movies symbolize the hatred that society feels for gay men, and the certainty that they can never become human and lead normal lives.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

I don't see vampires as gay. Except shitty Twilight ones of course.
That woman want to shag gays though is accepted knowledge.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on November 06, 2009, 08:47:50 AM
Here's a good reason to worship vampires.
It's a young boy.  Why would something like that trigger the religious impulse?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2009, 08:51:00 AM

I and others worship the Male Principle - which is as worthy an object of cult as any. 

I am very devout.  -_-

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2009, 06:09:12 AM
We've had this discussion.

Unfortunately for you Marty, you're so non-gay you're Renfield.
Not another enema!
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2009, 08:51:00 AM

Grallon is delusional and speaks only for himself, pre-teen girls, and lonely and mentally disturbed middle aged men and women.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2009, 06:50:33 AM
I don't recall any major zombie movies during the 80s when Reagan/Bush were in office
Dude, seriously? The Evil Dead I and II, Day of the Dead, Pet Sematary and, at a stretch, Reanimator. Oh yeah, and the Thriller video :P