9 (11.3%)
No, water gun at most
12 (15%)
I shot Jaron out of a cannon
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Barrister

Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 09:33:43 PM
A quick search seems to indicate that it is far easier than I think to get a gun permit in Canada.  I need to attend some safety course, pass an exam, and pass a background check.  The course seems to be only a 10 hour thing.  Not sure how difficult the exam will be.  If it involves shooting an apple on someone's head without hitting that person, I'll never pass.  Also not sure about the background check.  I have no criminal record anywhere in the world, but I was caught parking illegally once or twice in Vancouver  :blush:

It's a written exam on gun safety.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 09:29:53 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2009, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 09:16:28 PM
I'm not a US citizen, so I assume that my chances of getting a permit there is about zero.  I happen to have a Canadian passport, but I have no idea how difficult it is to get a gun permit in Canada.  If not for languish I won't even think about this kind of thing.

I may be wrong...but if you stopped at a gun store in Alaska, they'd probably wouldn't even care if you're a US citizen.  And you sure as hell don't need a permit.

How much does the cheapest shotgun cost?  US$10k?  US$15k?  I have no idea.

Mono's kind of shotgun:

http://www.hollandandholland.com/gunrooms/london/bespoke_weapons/the_royal_over_and_under/
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Fate

I've only fired hunting rifles / shotguns. I've never used a pistol.

Capetan Mihali

Fired pistols and shotguns, no rifles.  At clay pigeons and targets, and never in cold blood.
Actually, I did shoot a rifle once at a target range somewhere on the Penna/Delaware border.

Most powerful gun was probably a Desert Eagle (?) visiting my friend's crazy uncle in New Hampshire.  The police came after our firing practice, and he was just beginning his 2nd Amendment rant when the police clarified that they were only making sure there was no one poaching on his land.   :D
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2009, 09:21:34 AM
I think Siege is a much more likely claimant to that title.

Yeah, maybe. I just wanted to slide the FMJ reference in.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

I never had the opportunity to shoot a dazzling urbanite, and I thank the good Lord I was never put in that position.

Because I'd probably have been indicted.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2009, 10:27:36 PM
I never had the opportunity to shoot a dazzling urbanite, and I thank the good Lord I was never put in that position.

If a Baltimore cop hasn't had occasion to shoot a black person, he probably hasn't been doing his job.  I mean, really, there were hundreds of thousands of criminals for you to choose from.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 07, 2009, 10:56:20 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2009, 10:27:36 PM

If a Baltimore cop hasn't had occasion to shoot a black person, he probably hasn't been doing his job.  I mean, really, there were hundreds of thousands of criminals for you to choose from.

There were some that worked 20 years and never took it out of their holster.
There were some that had 3 shootings their first 5 years.

I tended to avoid the latter.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2009, 11:03:04 PM
There were some that worked 20 years and never took it out of their holster.
There were some that had 3 shootings their first 5 years.

I tended to avoid the latter.
Yes, lazy people tend to stick together at work.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 08, 2009, 01:04:22 AM

They're certainly much safer, and don't possess other attendant psychotic issues such as snorting coke in the car and asking you if you want to shake down some Jamaicans for "fun".

Jaron

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2009, 02:52:26 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 08, 2009, 01:04:22 AM

They're certainly much safer, and don't possess other attendant psychotic issues such as snorting coke in the car and asking you if you want to shake down some Jamaicans for "fun".

Certainly.
Winner of THE grumbler point.