No, but I've fired pellet/paintball guns
9 (11.3%)
No, water gun at most
12 (15%)
I shot Jaron out of a cannon
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Tonitrus

If you visit Alaksa/Yukon, we'll have to take you out to shoot some big mammal (not katmai).

Monoriu

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2009, 09:35:49 PM
If you visit Alaksa/Yukon, we'll have to take you out to shoot some big mammal (not katmai).

But if you give me a gun, you are in far greater danger than the bear.  I'll just fumble all the time  :lol:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2009, 09:27:09 PM
Besides firing a .22 way way back in summer camp, only the M-16 at basic training.

If I were ever able to deploy, I'd likely shoot that and the 9mm.

If Anchorage actually had an indoor gun range, I'd probably have picked up a pistol by now.

Probably one of these....

:wub: They still use 1911s as service pistols or do you get some option to select a service pistol or something?
Experience bij!

Rex Francorum

Quote from: dps on November 05, 2009, 05:56:06 PM
Quote from: Rex Francorum on November 05, 2009, 05:41:44 PM
Never used a gun - except water and air gun when I was young

Where the heck have you been?  You've hardly posted since vM screwed up the old foru--I mean since vM upgraded us to this place.

Mostly elsewhere... ;)
To rent

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 05, 2009, 09:59:27 PM
:wub: They still use 1911s as service pistols or do you get some option to select a service pistol or something?
Nah, they phased them out in the 90s IIRC.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 09:29:53 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2009, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 09:16:28 PM
I'm not a US citizen, so I assume that my chances of getting a permit there is about zero.  I happen to have a Canadian passport, but I have no idea how difficult it is to get a gun permit in Canada.  If not for languish I won't even think about this kind of thing.

I may be wrong...but if you stopped at a gun store in Alaska, they'd probably wouldn't even care if you're a US citizen.  And you sure as hell don't need a permit.

How much does the cheapest shotgun cost?  US$10k?  US$15k?  I have no idea. 

:lol:  You can get a cheap Chinese shotgun for just over $100 IIRC.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Korea

Yes. I think I shot a 9mm...maybe...or a revolver...or some sort of hand gun. I was too much of a pussy to shoot the shot gun though. Although I missed the drawn target, I did hit the box that the target was drawn on so I consider than a win. ^_^
I want my mother fucking points!

derspiess

My wife, despite her awkward stance, can sometimes shoot more accurately than I can with my Glock model 17 :blush:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2009, 12:03:22 AM
My wife, despite her awkward stance, can sometimes shoot more accurately than I can with my Glock model 17 :blush:

Adopt the stance and beat her.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Question: A real one

Yes, I've fired one at someone
          - 1 (1.5%)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Rex Francorum on November 05, 2009, 10:01:06 PM
Quote from: dps on November 05, 2009, 05:56:06 PM
Quote from: Rex Francorum on November 05, 2009, 05:41:44 PM
Never used a gun - except water and air gun when I was young

Where the heck have you been?  You've hardly posted since vM screwed up the old foru--I mean since vM upgraded us to this place.

Mostly elsewhere... ;)

Good to see you back, even if you missed my obvious "fishing for Handel Points" attempts. :cheers:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on November 06, 2009, 12:07:11 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2009, 12:03:22 AM

Adopt the stance and beat her.

Just make sure you leave no marks.

Valdemar

Shot gun - for recreational uses - I hunt.

V