No, water gun at most
12 (15%)
I shot Jaron out of a cannon
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2009, 05:18:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2009, 04:30:43 PM
Did you leave Russia before the you had the privilege of serving in the Army?
Yes, thank God, with many years to spare.

You don't pine for the camaraderie of service?

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Rex Francorum

Never used a gun - except water and air gun when I was young
To rent

dps

Quote from: Rex Francorum on November 05, 2009, 05:41:44 PM
Never used a gun - except water and air gun when I was young

Where the heck have you been?  You've hardly posted since vM screwed up the old foru--I mean since vM upgraded us to this place.

DontSayBanana

Depending on what you consider a "gun," either "no, but I've fired pellet guns," or "yes, but none of the above answers fit."

Nail guns probably don't count, so the machine in question would be a Remington "concrete fastener," which basically uses .22 cartridges with nails, and a muzzle-push safety like a nail gun's.
Experience bij!

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on November 05, 2009, 12:29:07 PM
That is going to be tough to beat.
Only got to do it once, though.  USS Hull was a squadron-mate of Berkeley.

Damn, that was a cool gun!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HisMajestyBOB

Just my dad's 9mm pistol. To fire his shotgun I'd have to get membership at the range he goes to, and since I don't have a gun yet, that'd be pointless.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

dps

Quote from: grumbler on November 05, 2009, 07:00:15 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 05, 2009, 12:29:07 PM
That is going to be tough to beat.
Only got to do it once, though.  USS Hull was a squadron-mate of Berkeley.

Damn, that was a cool gun!

That was the automatic-loading 8 incher that the navy decided against deploying around 80, right?

Monoriu

Monoriu

My only options for firing a real gun are -

- join the police
- become a criminal.  But these days it is rare even for criminals to have guns in Hong Kong.  Almost all bank robberies involve fake bombs, not guns. 
- pay millions to join the local gun club
- figure out a way to get a gun permit in the US/Canada. 

I'm not a US citizen, so I assume that my chances of getting a permit there is about zero.  I happen to have a Canadian passport, but I have no idea how difficult it is to get a gun permit in Canada.  If not for languish I won't even think about this kind of thing.

Camerus

Never have.  In fact, I've never touched a gun, and can't even recall ever having seen a real one, other than in a police officer's holster.

Hopefully I'll never have cause to learn how to use one either.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 09:16:28 PM
I'm not a US citizen, so I assume that my chances of getting a permit there is about zero.  I happen to have a Canadian passport, but I have no idea how difficult it is to get a gun permit in Canada.  If not for languish I won't even think about this kind of thing.

I may be wrong...but if you stopped at a gun store in Alaska, they'd probably wouldn't even care if you're a US citizen.  And you sure as hell don't need a permit.

Tonitrus

Besides firing a .22 way way back in summer camp, only the M-16 at basic training.

If I were ever able to deploy, I'd likely shoot that and the 9mm.

If Anchorage actually had an indoor gun range, I'd probably have picked up a pistol by now.

Probably one of these....

Monoriu

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2009, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 09:16:28 PM

I may be wrong...but if you stopped at a gun store in Alaska, they'd probably wouldn't even care if you're a US citizen.  And you sure as hell don't need a permit.

How much does the cheapest shotgun cost?  US$10k?  US$15k?  I have no idea. 

Tonitrus

You could probably pick one up for $500 or so.

Monoriu

A quick search seems to indicate that it is far easier than I think to get a gun permit in Canada.  I need to attend some safety course, pass an exam, and pass a background check.  The course seems to be only a 10 hour thing.  Not sure how difficult the exam will be.  If it involves shooting an apple on someone's head without hitting that person, I'll never pass.  Also not sure about the background check.  I have no criminal record anywhere in the world, but I was caught parking illegally once or twice in Vancouver  :blush: